Saturday weather thread...

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
At this juncture it looks like Saturday is light rain all day (last year's Iowa game-esque), which would really, really suck. I'm hoping that in this case the 6 day forecast is as accurate as usual. Lots can change between now and then, and I'm hoping it does. I would like a nice Veishea and a good day for tailgating...

heyguy85

Nov 9, 2007
Iowa
Partly to mostly cloudy with an isolated shower or two. Mid 60s for highs.

That's from kcci but like has been said, it's a few days away and every weather source is different.

Reactions: CyForPresident

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
Will be more accurate later this week - hoping for no rain Friday night and all day Saturday. First Indianola bike night Friday, VEISHEA (and of course spring game) Saturday!

MrsWx4Cy

Dec 5, 2007
Yesterday when I was at work there was still a 30% chance of rain from Thursday through early Sunday. Not a chilly rain like today since temps will be closer to 60. However, it's a long ways out so we'll have to see how this next system all shakes down.

- Tink

j4state

May 21, 2006
Visit site
Ch 13 said plan on a rainy Saturday this morning as well. In my experiences, the local stations generally end up being closer than weather.com, etc.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Ch 13 said plan on a rainy Saturday this morning as well. In my experiences, the local stations generally end up being closer than weather.com, etc.

It seems generally, that the local forecasts call for rain if there is a 30% chance or higher. By that I mean that they show rain in the graphics on their 5 day forecast, etc. I think the Accuweather forecast is saying that, but they don't put out the "rain" graphics/images unless it's over 50%. To throw all the predictions in a blender, it seems like there's a decent for chance rain, but in the form of isolated showers. Predicting whether or not its raining at JTS is probably a crap shoot...

cloneaholic

Apr 20, 2006
Channel 5 weather now says the rain won't hit central Iowa until Saturday afternoon and the temperatures will be a little warmer than expected. The weather system that's bringing the rain is getting held up some.

I have a feeling the rain won't hit Ames until the 4th quarter! At least the parade should be dry.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Channel 5 weather now says the rain won't hit central Iowa until Saturday afternoon and the temperatures will be a little warmer than expected. The weather system that's bringing the rain is getting held up some.

I have a feeling the rain won't hit Ames until the 4th quarter! At least the parade should be dry.

And the tailgate. I couldn't care less if it starts raining during the game.

Last edited: