Scheelhaase to Rams

jdubs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2011

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Best of luck to Nate. I view this as a sign of a healthy program. While selfishly I would like to retain Nate, it's difficult to retain top level coaches. Healthy programs will have their coaches move on to coach in the NFL or become head coaches themselves.
3 years ago you probably had a point. Not so much anymore.

Letterkenny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2023
First, congrats to Nate. Big time promotion and working for one of the best. He'll learn a ton.

Second, a college football coaching crisis is coming. Guys are fleeing to the NFL because if you're coaching guys that are getting paid, you want to do it on a level playing field where there are rules and you don't have to constantly re-recruit your own team.
If you can get equal or similar money with an NFL gig, it's a no-brainer. The novelty of getting to work with amateur athletes is gone. You actually get an off-season as an NFL coach and it would seem to be much less stressful, pretty much across the board.

CydeofFries

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 10, 2017
If there is an interal promotion, it would have to be Mouser, right?
This late I don't know how you can go that external. It would either be bring someone back or promote from within and the rest of the offensive staff is so young I can only see Mouser as the option.

jdubs

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2011
2018 was perhaps our most fun offense iirc

Our offense was pretty good that year
Not necessarily disagreeing but there were 3-4 NFL players on that offense and often the calls were "throw it up to Hakeem". I'm not personally taking much from that year and in general would prefer Campbell hire someone to call the plays.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Will be missed, but you can't blame him for taking a promotion. Get experience and come back as head coach sometime, Full time recruiting and re-recruiting has to be a beotch. Darn, we missed out on Lester.;)