***Scottie Scheffler Arrest Thread***

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Can someone give me cliffs notes on this?

Somebody is lying because those are incredibly significant charges for a simple misunderstanding.

We do have a thread for this sort of thing if it's just some cop gone nuts.

• Agree
Reactions: chadly82

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
He was in a marked car, but who cares who he is, it’s a completely unwarranted and dangerous response to the situation. The cop is the only one that put anyone in danger. Luckily it was just his dumbass that got some scratches.
Hey!! He lost an $80 pair of pants as a result of the first step of Scottie's multi state crime spree...

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021

Somebody is lying because those are incredibly significant charges for a simple misunderstanding.

Evidence points to a minor traffic violation by Scottie caused due to a misunderstanding. Then the situation was escalated by law enforcement.

Most posters agree on that. Some posters are giving law enforcement the benefit of a doubt. One poster is straight up making **** up.

Reactions: riceville98

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

It's short on real details at this point, but as best as I can tell from what I've accumulated, there was a fatal accident a couple hours before the round, the PGA was in contact with Louisville PD about how to deal with it. Scottie (in a marked official PGA vehicle) was allegedly told by an officer or security staff that he could bypass the traffic jam. Another cop in question apparently wanted Scottie to stop, and in the confusion, he kept going and the cop spidermanned Scottie's car (apparently roughing up himself and his pants in the process), and told him to get out of the car and cuffed him immediately.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

If you breathe on a cop wrong it's a felony until they realize you're famous

Reactions: BACyclone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Evidence points to a minor traffic violation by Scottie caused due to a misunderstanding. Then the situation was escalated by law enforcement.

Most posters agree on that. Some posters are giving law enforcement the benefit of a doubt. One poster is straight up making **** up.

That's what I was gathering but wondered if I missed something, sounds like we're one bit of info confirmation away from moving it to the cave police misconduct thread because some people cannot handle any honesty about a case of bad/incompetent police.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023

A pair of $80 pants will no longer be able to be worn. We wept.

• Haha
Reactions: HFCS

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
It's short on real details at this point, but as best as I can tell from what I've accumulated, there was a fatal accident a couple hours before the round, the PGA was in contact with Louisville PD about how to deal with it. Scottie (in a marked official PGA vehicle) was allegedly told by an officer or security staff that he could bypass the traffic jam. Another cop in question apparently wanted Scottie to stop, and in the confusion, he kept going and the cop spidermanned Scottie's car (apparently roughing up himself and his pants in the process), and told him to get out of the car and cuffed him immediately.

Then the reality that the felony charges are ludicrous if that's basically what happened?

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Then the reality that the felony charges are ludicrous if that's basically what happened?
I really cannot believe, if that is the basic outline of what actually happened, that it went any further than the back of the cop car.

There were apparently lots of reporters present that saw the whole incident that were shocked that they actually arrested him for it. Hard to imagine the thought process that led to him not only being taken to jail and booked, but also to posting his mugshot on social media. Had to be a number of idiots involved to get that far.

• Agree
Reactions: Marcelason78

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Reality is nobody here actually knows and is just basing their opinions on assumptions or tweets they saw.

• Dumb
Reactions: alarson

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Reality is nobody here actually knows and is just basing their opinions on assumptions or tweets they saw.
You keep saying this. I’m basing my opinion off eyewitness accounts from reputable reporters who actually saw the event, video evidence, the location in which it happened, and the police reports. The same info a jury would have. There is evidence available that isn’t just random hearsay.

If there’s video that surfaces that proves otherwise, I’m open to changing my opinion.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
You keep saying this. I’m basing my opinion off eyewitness accounts from reputable reporters who actually saw the event, video evidence, the location in which it happened, and the police reports. The same info a jury would have. There is evidence available that isn’t just random hearsay.

If there’s video that surfaces that proves otherwise, I’m open to changing my opinion.
Link them? I haven’t been following the thread all day but I haven’t seen that.

3TrueFans

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
There are some earlier in the thread (that I don't have time to dig up), but one report said that other players were doing the same thing and going in their designated entrance unmolested.
So did Scottie do something different? Did a new officer take over? Did something at the accident scene change that made them have to stop Scottie? Did the officer just **** up? I could see all those as plausible options.

Reactions: 2122