***Scottie Scheffler Arrest Thread***

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
The proposal for dropping criminal charges in exchange for a "promise" to not bring civil charges will be made if it hasn't already...

Louisville PD looks REALLY bad here...

I saw tweet this morning that the owner of the course bailed out Scottie and drove him back to the club, if that gives any indication as to how f**ked the police chief is going to be.. Don't piss off really rich guys with those kind of connections..

Reactions: riceville98

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

This is the guy that was there. Not much that wasn't reported initially, other than the cop tried pulling him through the window before Scheffler opened his door.

I would just love to know why Scottie was treated differently if other players were doing the same thing before him with no issues, that makes no sense. That's why I wondered was it a different officer, or did something change at the accident scene.

Reactions: legi

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
I would just love to know why Scottie was treated differently if other players were doing the same thing before him with no issues, that makes no sense. That's why I wondered was it a different officer, or did something change at the accident scene.
Cops are known to be discriminating towards white, rich, Christian men.

• Dumb
  • Haha
Reactions: NWICY and Lineup

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
Remember, the officer is trained to assume the worst. The officer didn't know who Scotty was. All he knew was he was driving in an area the officer didn't think anyone should be driving and Scotty didn't stop. Fault is on all parties involved.

And that's the issue. They assume everyone is out to get them. Perhaps some self reflection would change that... but no.

jcf817

Mar 2, 2023
North Carolina
They weren't responding to the accident. They were directing traffic some distance from and time after the accident took place.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
Link them? I haven’t been following the thread all day but I haven’t seen that.
Check the Twitter of Jeff Darlington for source. But, I took most of what he was saying from TV this morning. Dave Fleming and Bob Wiscushen were also there and corroborated Darlington’s account on TV. If you check Darlington’s Twitter you’ll also see video evidence.

Here is the location where it happened.

The police report is posted earlier in the thread and easily findable with a Google search.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
And that's the issue. They assume everyone is out to get them. Perhaps some self reflection would change that... but no.
There was an officer in my area in the last couple months who responded to a domestic assault/hostage incident. He carefully approached the assailant and asks if he has any weapons. Assailant says no. Cop negotiates his way into the home, agreeing not to bring his weapon as a sign of trust (and does so since assailant says no weapons were on site). After a few hours of negotiating, things turned quickly. Assailant grabs an assault rifle he was hiding and kills the cop, another cop, and a paramedic tending to one of the cops.

I was able to watch the funeral procession from my office. The procession of first responder cars lasted over 90 minutes with people lining the streets showing their support

Was this story anywhere near what happened today? Not remotely close. But cops are wired differently. They can’t make assumptions like you and I can. If they do, they may not make it home to their families.

We do need some self reflection and appreciate our first responders. Do they make mistakes sometimes? Of course. They are human. Are there some horrible at their jobs? Yes, just like any other job. But often their mistakes are generally in an abundance of caution to the public they are serving. They don’t have an easy job and many cities are struggling having enough first responders on their force. So I will reserve my full judgement about this officer until the complete story is released. Like I said, based on what we know now, I would be shocked is felony charges remained and the worst offense will be a traffic citation. But let’s not jump all over our first responders.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
There was an officer in my area in the last couple months who responded to a domestic assault/hostage incident. He carefully approved the assailant and asks if he has any weapons. Assailant says no. Cop negotiates his way into the home, agreeing not to bring his weapon as a sign of trust (and does so since assailant says no weapons were on site). After a few hours of negotiating, things turned quickly. Assailant grabs an assault rifle he was hiding and kills the cop, another cop, and a paramedic tending to one of the cops.

I was able to watch the funeral procession from my office. The procession of first responder cars lasted over 90 minutes with people lining the streets showing their support

Was this story anywhere near what happened today? Not remotely close. But cops are wired differently. They can’t make assumptions like you and I can. If they do, they may not make it home to their families.

We do need some self reflection and appreciate our first responders. Do they make mistakes sometimes? Of course. They are human. Are there some horrible at their jobs? Yes, just like any other job. But often their mistakes are generally in an abundance of caution to the public they are serving. They don’t have an easy job and many cities are struggling having enough first responders on their force. So I will reserve my full judgement about this officer until the complete story is released. Like I said, based on what we know now, I would be shocked is felony charges remained and the worst offense will be a traffic citation. But let’s not jump all over our first responders.
Your post really disproves the point you were trying to make. Cops can be reasonable and work with citizens. They don’t have to be Dbags all the time. Sometimes that is going to result in a bad outcome like your story but they are capable there are just many who choose not to. For example I think the initial arrest can be understood as a reasonable mistake. Actually arresting him and doing the mug shot after knowing the story is well beyond reasonable.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Scottie handled it well in his post round press conference. Far more gracious than what I would have been able to be. Sounded like he was understandably shaken up pretty bad. Played a pretty incredible round in context.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
Your post really disproves the point you were trying to make. Cops can be reasonable and work with citizens. They don’t have to be Dbags all the time. Sometimes that is going to result in a bad outcome like your story but they are capable there are just many who choose not to. For example I think the initial arrest can be understood as a reasonable mistake. Actually arresting him and doing the mug shot after knowing the story is well beyond reasonable.
We don’t know the complete story though. From what we know, I think you are right. There could be more information to follow which brings to light why the cops acted the way they did.

But many people were quick to judge incompetence of the cop when the story first broke (even if true, it was way to early in the story to draw such a conclusion) and some even went further to allude the entire Louisville police department are corrupt. Thats where I have strong disagreements

Cops do make assumptions people are out to harm themselves or others. Making such assumptions doesn’t make them corrupt or bad cops.

Reactions: CycloneOE

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
We don’t know the complete story though. From what we know, I think you are right. There could be more information to follow which brings to light why the cops acted the way they did.

But many people were quick to judge incompetence of the cop when the story first broke (even if true, it was way to early in the story to draw such a conclusion) and some even went further to allude the entire Louisville police department are corrupt. Thats where I have strong disagreements

Cops do make assumptions people are out to harm themselves or others. Making such assumptions doesn’t make them corrupt or bad cops.

You do realize there were people there who witnessed the whole thing, right? The cop was incompetent. Escalated a situation that didn’t need to be. Typical of cops.

So assuming someone is bad and they’re not. That makes them not corrupt or not good cops? What?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Scottie handled it well in his post round press conference. Far more gracious than what I would have been able to be. Sounded like he was understandably shaken up pretty bad. Played a pretty incredible round in context.

FIFY... "Played a flippin' amazing round in context".

Reactions: Bigman38

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
You do realize there were people there who witnessed the whole thing, right? The cop was incompetent. Escalated a situation that didn’t need to be. Typical of cops.

So assuming someone is bad and they’re not. That makes them not corrupt or not good cops? What?
Why did the cop single out Scotty? That’s the part of the story that is missing. And that’s a pretty large piece to the story

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
Why did the cop single out Scotty? That’s the part of the story that is missing. And that’s a pretty large price to the story

We get it. You’re gonna side with the cops all day every day. They can do no wrong. Can’t wait for you to eat your words.

Funny. You didn’t address the rest of it.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
We get it. You’re gonna side with the cops all day every day. They can do no wrong. Can’t wait for you to eat your words.

Funny. You didn’t address the rest of it.
Read carefully. I have fully acknowledged this cop may indeed been the wrong. But we don’t know the complete story, right? So why don’t we reserve full judgment until all the facts come out instead of jumping to conclusions? That’s my point

Edit: the reason why the cop singled Scotty out is a major component to the story is because things compound quickly. The initial reason why the cop wanted to stop Scotty would determine why the cop felt he needed to jump on his car. And then all chaos occurred. Don’t you think knowing why the cop singled out Scotty would be important? If he just did it at random, that’s horrendous policing in that situation. If Scotty did something no other cars were doing, then it’s suspicious activity to a cop and the cop wants to investigate why they are being different.

Last edited: