***Scottie Scheffler Arrest Thread***

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Yeah sorry but I’m not gonna give that city’s police department any benefit of the doubt given their history of um……controversies.
Absolutely. I support law enforcement generally. I like to think that there are many great police officers out there who are doing their best, for the benefit of us all. I just looked up Louisville PD history/controversy, ahem.

The Louisville PD doesn't have any 'free get out of jail' cards left, at their disposal. Pun intended.

• Agree
Reactions: ClubCy

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
If scheffler doesn't show up to the final round on sunday wearing an orange shirt someone really dropped the ball.

• Haha
Reactions: Cycsk

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
Yeah, maybe the stress from yesterday is catching up to him finally.
Yeah, he is probably concerned about his schedule and the arraignment on Tuesday; wants to get home to see family between now and then, needs to meet with his lawyer etc.

Oh yeah, he has to play 18 tomorrow at a major tournament.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Yeah, he is probably concerned about his schedule and the arraignment on Tuesday; wants to get home to see family between now and then, needs to meet with his lawyer etc.

Oh yeah, he has to play 18 tomorrow at a major tournament.
He also needs to pad that arrest window in for tomorrow morning.

• Haha
Reactions: cysmiley

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
He also needs to pad that arrest window in for tomorrow morning.
He probably isn't currently driving, probably has a volunteer chauffeur; the guy that picked him up at the jail was one of the 4 Valhalla Club owners! Big money guy in Louisville, also on the Chamber of Commerce and the PGA planning committee as I understand it!

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Unless I missed it’s wild they haven’t dropped all charges yet.
I was too until I realized the level of intellect we're dealing with. One would think the DA there wouldn't want this one anywhere near his resume. May as well have tried to prosecute Jesus for as squeaky clean and well regarded as Scottie is.

• Creative
Reactions: drmwevr08

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

"Here’s how Wischusen recalls that moment: “When [Scheffler] drove past him, the cop got very angry pursuing the car. … My impression was he was kind of running alongside chasing the car, and maybe he tripped and fell. I mean, there was kind of an outcropping or medium, you know, by the front gate. And keep in mind, it was raining. It was 6 o’clock in the morning. It was dark.”
Asked about Darlington’s characterization of the officer “attaching” himself to the car, Wischusen said, “I could see him stumble, but I did not have a very clear view of exactly how you want to categorize his contact with the car.”
Wischusen said Scheffler was moving at a relatively slow speed — “the speed that you would drive a car if you were pulling up to the front gate of a place,” he said — and before pulling over had driven approximately the 10 or so yards that Darlington had estimated.
When Scheffler stopped the car, Wischusen said Gillis was visibly upset. “He runs up to the driver’s side, and with the butt end of his flashlight starts screaming, you know, ‘Get out of the car, get out of the car’ — banging on the window — ‘shut the engine off, get out of the car. I’m a police officer.’”"

Much as expected, if this is correct, the cop created a problem with his aggressiveness, did something stupid and injured himself, and then blamed it on Scottie.

Last edited:

cysmiley

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2012
Being without his normal caddie had to really effect him.
Maybe, but going OB and drubbing wedges would seem not to be a caddie thing, putting and club selection yeah. Guess caddies can help after errors to get back on track also.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA

"Here’s how Wischusen recalls that moment: “When [Scheffler] drove past him, the cop got very angry pursuing the car. … My impression was he was kind of running alongside chasing the car, and maybe he tripped and fell. I mean, there was kind of an outcropping or medium, you know, by the front gate. And keep in mind, it was raining. It was 6 o’clock in the morning. It was dark.”
Asked about Darlington’s characterization of the officer “attaching” himself to the car, Wischusen said, “I could see him stumble, but I did not have a very clear view of exactly how you want to categorize his contact with the car.”
Wischusen said Scheffler was moving at a relatively slow speed — “the speed that you would drive a car if you were pulling up to the front gate of a place,” he said — and before pulling over had driven approximately the 10 or so yards that Darlington had estimated.
When Scheffler stopped the car, Wischusen said Gillis was visibly upset. “He runs up to the driver’s side, and with the butt end of his flashlight starts screaming, you know, ‘Get out of the car, get out of the car’ — banging on the window — ‘shut the engine off, get out of the car. I’m a police officer.’”"

Much as expected, if this is correct, the cop created a problem with his aggressiveness, did something stupid and injured himself, and then blamed it on Scottie.

If only we had a solution for this - like recording the interaction from a camera on the cop, then we could be more certain what happened.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

“But the police report said…!”

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Another eyewitness account that thinks the cops might have tripped and fell on his own and certainly didn’t get hit and dragged by Scheffler.

We are a day or two away from a couple of people in this thread looking really stupid.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Help Support Us

Become a patron