Screwed in Morgantown

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I'll say this...nothing I saw our of our defense today says we would have kept West Virginia from scoring a play or two later on their drives with their two botched-call TDs. But the Hall fumble call was as egregious as that taunting call from a week ago. That's the stuff that should get officials demoted.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
The refs were definitely horrible, but they weren’t playing defense for us. This game should not have been close. Our d was nonexistent and our offensive line may have well been a bunch of recruits from a junior high flag football team. If our D even kind of shows up we win.

Last edited:

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
That's what happens when you get on ESPN+ broadcasts. They go cheap broadcast/crew so you don't get a lot of camera angles. That said we have a lot of the blame to put on ourselves. We just aren't that great of a team.

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
While I do think that there were clear misses that cost us the game by the refs it still feels like we lost that game by 30. I guess Rose is the heart of the D and we aren’t very good without him.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I mean it should not have been in the refs hands, but yeah the refs really screwed us. I hate blaming the refs but woof, 2 weeks in a row some of the worst calls in history.

It should never have been that close. Our D was terrible. But wow the refs were bad. Our Defense lost us the game, the refs made sure we lost.

Jul 20, 2021
Didn’t deserve this one even though we got hosed mostly on the out of bounds TD for WVU. His foot wasn’t close to touching.
The goal line fumble was BS too! He was in for a TD… worst case down at 2” line!

The PI against Johnson on their go ahead drive, wth!

Jake the snake played awesome but dang that D misses Rose, they looked lost with out him. Not sure why we couldn’t adjust to the out routes to the sideline

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
I mean it should not have been in the refs hands, but yeah the refs really screwed us. I hate blaming the refs but woof, 2 weeks in a row some of the worst calls in history.

It should never have been that close. Our D was terrible. But wow the refs were bad. Our Defense lost us the game, the refs made sure we lost.
Never, ever put yourself in the position to depend on the refs...not a good strategy. Bottom line was the D...make two stops on two drives...we win. That was the same ole ISU that repeatedly gave up 3rd and longs...WV was nearly perfect on those.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
The refs were definitely horrible, but they weren’t playing defense for us. This game should not have been close. Our d was nonexistent and our offensive line may have well been a bunch of recruits from a junior high flag football team. If our D even kind of shows up we win.

They played defense for WVU though.