Site Drains My Phone Battery

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
I can spend hours on other message boards or sites and my battery hardly moves. I get on CF and, along with all the redirects, my battery drains. Was just on for 15 minutes and my battery went from 94% to 61%. Anything I can do?

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I can spend hours on other message boards or sites and my battery hardly moves. I get on CF and, along with all the redirects, my battery drains. Was just on for 15 minutes and my battery went from 94% to 61%. Anything I can do?
get a new phone.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
What kind of phone? I'm on Android 14 and various ads have locked up Chrome for a long time - over a year, though I don't know exactly how long. I have to kill the app and hope I'm delivered a different set of ads when I reopen. This is the only site I have trouble with, though I don't browse the web much on my phone.

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
If Android use Adblock Browser. The site become unusable for me in Chrome.

TitanClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 21, 2008
What kind of phone? I'm on Android 14 and various ads have locked up Chrome for a long time - over a year, though I don't know exactly how long. I have to kill the app and hope I'm delivered a different set of ads when I reopen. This is the only site I have trouble with, though I don't browse the web much on my phone.
Pihole is your friend.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Pihole is your friend.

I'm familiar with it, I just don't care enough. I'm on a laptop way too much and typically do my browsing there where I have reliable adblockers in place. My phone is something to pass the time when I'm.........uhhhhhh.......taking a short break from work.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I found the best way to use Cyclone fanatic on my phone is to actually google search it, then go in that way instead of the App. The app actually kills me with adds and drains stuff. Might want to try that. It works for me

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
I found the best way to use Cyclone fanatic on my phone is to actually google search it, then go in that way instead of the App. The app actually kills me with adds and drains stuff. Might want to try that. It works for me
Thanks. I’ll give that a try. Hopefully that helps with the redirect problem as well?

CyByrd

Aug 9, 2021
I switched to a new Android phone a few months ago (Android 14) and started having Chrome freeze on this site too when before I never had the issue.

Did a quick search and found out that Smooth Scrolling could be causing freezing issues with ads. I just disabled Smooth Scrolling in Chrome Flags and will see if that will fix the issue.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
I switched to a new Android phone a few months ago (Android 14) and started having Chrome freeze on this site too when before I never had the issue.

Did a quick search and found out that Smooth Scrolling could be causing freezing issues with ads. I just disabled Smooth Scrolling in Chrome Flags and will see if that will fix the issue.
Interesting. Please report back!