sitting 3-1 in conference play

blood94

May 10, 2010
we are sitting 3-1 in conference right now with 3 very winnable games coming out of the bye before texas comes to town in november. if everything goes out way we could be 6-1 in conference and playing texas in a game that would be huge.! anyone think that was possible early in the season when we were playing so many freshman in weeks 1-3.

i love the way nate is calling the games. and higgins has been a great complement to jalen on the other side. im starting to feel real good about the rest of the season.

feel free to chime in

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I'm just hoping to get to 6 wins. Anything else is gravy.
I cannot agree enough with this. When the gambling news officially broke and we saw who was involved, I was initially hoping for 1 or 2 wins and not really expecting anything in conference. Seeing how the team is playing now, I’m definitely hoping for more and if we do get to 6 wins total, it will be a monumental achievement, imo.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
It's getting difficult not to look forward on the schedule. While everyone has been eyeing that Texas game, the KU game could be a big one at home if we're able to win at Baylor. I'm hoping we keep the momentum going and get a perfect fall sellout at Jack Trice on Nov 4. But first things first, beat Baylor who has been a bugaboo for this staff.

I had us at 5 wins before the season. I'd be happy with 6, which means a winning Big 12 record, but we can do better!

RagingCloner

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2022
I cannot agree enough with this. When the gambling news officially broke and we saw who was involved, I was initially hoping for 1 or 2 wins and not really expecting anything in conference. Seeing how the team is playing now, I’m definitely hoping for more and if we do get to 6 wins total, it will be a monumental achievement, imo.
As much as the gambling thing was pushed around by national media, getting to 6 wins this year after all that, may be enough to get us to the next tier. Looks really good to recruits when were able to do with underclassmen as well!

Reactions: Clonefan94

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I look at it this way.

Baylor is eminently winnable.
Kansas is winnable.
BYU on the road is winnable—especially with continued development.
Texas at home, given the right circumstances and aforementioned further development, is also…winnable.
KState on the road, with Jon Heacock by the having plenty of video of Avery Johnson to work with, is winnable.

All that said, the only thing that matters right now…is Baylor.