Some good Iowa State football recruiting news

bootcy

Apr 12, 2006
Waukee
...i think we would be the first D-1 offer for Jackson and UTEP is the only other for Wempa so that makes me some what of a skeptic

I am all for getting Wempa regardless of what he offer sheets looks like to date as he is a center and that is a position we are extemely thin at past Knapp and need to get a center or two in to start learning the system.

bfross

Apr 10, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I am all for getting Wempa regardless of what he offer sheets looks like to date as he is a center and that is a position we are extemely thin at past Knapp and need to get a center or two in to start learning the system.

I think I heard that it is still in doubt whether Knapp will be able to continue playing football after his injury, so if that is the case, center is even thinner.

cloneaholic

Apr 20, 2006
Maybe I'm making too big of a deal about this, but I have to think that having two vacant coordinator positions is not helping recruiting. Hopefully, they'll get these positions filled real soon. In the meantime, if I'm anything other than an O or D lineman, I'm not sure I'd want to commit to a university when I don't even know who is going to be running their O or the D, let alone what kind of O or D they like to run. Too much uncertainty.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Maybe I'm making too big of a deal about this, but I have to think that having two vacant coordinator positions is not helping recruiting. Hopefully, they'll get these positions filled real soon. In the meantime, if I'm anything other than an O or D lineman, I'm not sure I'd want to commit to a university when I don't even know who is going to be running their O or the D, let alone what kind of O or D they like to run. Too much uncertainty.

I am sure they are filled and the recruits know who is coming in. We the fans just don't know who they are. Patience.

04clone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 23, 2006
Even if they aren't filled, you can't complain too much about the way recruiting has been going after a 2-10 year. Assuming the Scout news is correct, this could be a game-changing recruiting class on the defensive side. We've been getting visits from some outstanding D-line talent.

StormnClone58

Jan 24, 2008
West Des Moines

You're all rial'd up over the whole coordinater thing still aren't you? Let it go. as said earlier there's a waiting period but were all pretty sure the decisions have been made ...

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
I can't believe people are not going crazy over the fact that we got a visit from DYE!! Go look at his profiles. He would be the biggest recruit we have ever gotten IMO and one we desperately need. He would start from day 1

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
I can't believe people are not going crazy over the fact that we got a visit from DYE!! Go look at his profiles. He would be the biggest recruit we have ever gotten IMO and one we desperately need. He would start from day 1

I agree, maybe because it sounds too good to be true? But this guy just looks like a FREAK.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsaLNOuJrco]YouTube - Dyron Dye Football Highlights[/ame]

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
Amen to that!! I am jacked that this guy actually took time, and 1 of 5 visits, to come to Ames when he has offers from everybody under the sun. This guy could be the jewel of an amazing class if we can get Dye, Marry, Reynolds, and Gaines!!!

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
"Ever" gotten? I'm not sure I would agree, even going back as far as over the last year. And as good as he looks, I'm not sure that I see a 6-4 220 pounder starting at defensive end from Day One.

On the other hand, if we got him, Marry and another one or two particular players, I'd say that the defense would have taken a major step to being overhauled. :yes:

Help Support Us

Become a patron