Spring game postgame.

isuforlife

Sep 6, 2007
well I seen hope, Tiller ..............real deal... don't want to start QB fight but watch out in the fall!

wright4cy

Jan 15, 2007
Boone
I would have like to seen tiller take a couple snaps with the ones ,It seemed to me the offense of 2s was farther than that of the defense of the 2s . But if he would of been with ones I wonder if it would have looked so smooth? I am sure the coaches have more knowledge on these matters than us!!!

IOWASTATE

Oct 29, 2007
Ames
I think Arnaud put more passes in the right spot than some people gave him credit yesterday, they were just plain dropped.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
This was my first spring game. I think we were pretty well coached considering we have new schemes and young players. Tiller looked good but he telegraphed his passes and dropped a couple snaps. The DB coverage was better. Sedrick dropped 2 easy passes but also caught about 3 tough passes. I didn't see much from the OL run blocking, DL pass rush, and second string LBs. I'm very impressed with the DC so far. The spread offense seemed rudimentary - and still needs a lot of development.

We need more time to adjust to the new systems - and we are still short in talent in many positions. So, if we somehow get 6 wins this year, it would be a huge accomplishment.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
This was my first spring game. I think we were pretty well coached considering we have new schemes and young players. Tiller looked good but he telegraphed his passes and dropped a couple snaps. The DB coverage was better. Sedrick dropped 2 easy passes but also caught about 3 tough passes. I didn't see much from the OL run blocking, DL pass rush, and second string LBs. I'm very impressed with the DC so far. The spread offense seemed rudimentary - and still needs a lot of development.

We need more time to adjust to the new systems - and we are still short in talent in many positions. So, if we somehow get 6 wins this year, it would be a huge accomplishment.

The snaps were terrible yesterday. High and then low. That's not Tillers fault.

Arnaud did have some good passed that bounced off receivers chests.

They said ahead of the game, it was going to be a pretty vanilla offense for the spring game and it looked that way.

CF_Cyclone

Mar 31, 2006
Cedar Falls, IA
I agree Tiller has good skills, but the starting job is still AA's. The biggest thing that concerns me after seeing the game is the depth on defense. When Bo was in with the first team, against the 1st team defense he had troubles, but the next series he was in with the 2nd team and ran off a long run. That tells me the 1st team defense is much better than the 2nd team. This is another thing that needs to be taken into account when looking at Tiller. He will be very good, we just need to be sure he doesn't get turned off by sitting and waiting for his time.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
That tells me the 1st team defense is much better than the 2nd team. .

That is an improvement over last year, when there wasnt much difference from the 1st team to the 3rd team and they all were bad.You have to start somewhere.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Is Tiller going to see the field enough to keep him happy?

He is a freshman. How many freshman QBs see the field? He already used his redshirt so unless he goes DII he is a Cyclone for 4 more years. He can learn the ropes and be ready to take over his JR year.

IowaGuy

Sep 15, 2008
2-10 wouldn't be too bad as long as the (2) wins are Iowa and Nebraska.

And here I thought it was just a myth that you guys really felt that way. There's a reason ISU can't get out of the cellar, and crappy attitudes like yours is one of them. You should want to win EVERY game like it were Iowa or Nebraska.

If you would really be happy with 2 wins, you're not a real fan.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
And here I thought it was just a myth that you guys really felt that way. There's a reason ISU can't get out of the cellar, and crappy attitudes like yours is one of them. You should want to win EVERY game like it were Iowa or Nebraska.

Just like you have the nutjobs that believe Iowa is in the NC hunt every year, we've got guys like this.

Don't lump us all in together

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008

I guess facilities, budgets, coaching, and talent levels have nothing to do with winning and losing. It's all about our attitudes! Man, what a revelation! C'mon guys, let's all close our eyes and tap our heels together while reciting, "there's no place like the Fiesta Bowl, there's no place like the Fiesta Bowl, there's....." No doubt we have the power to WILL this team to 10 wins this year! :jimlad:

Stupid Hawk fan (redundant, I know)