Starlink - anyone using for tailgating?

Ingynow

RIP CHC
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 3, 2017
Omaha, NE
So we have been using DISH forever to have TV and to watch other games while we tailgate. Since getting into the RV lots though, the need to have internet also so we can work remotely and get to the lot early is becoming more important.

I talked to one gentlemen in the RV lots last year that was using it and said it was great. Anyone else? Looking for some feedback before I pull the trigger on it. Thanks!!!

VAClonefan

Jun 23, 2009
Bentonville, AR
So we have been using DISH forever to have TV and to watch other games while we tailgate. Since getting into the RV lots though, the need to have internet also so we can work remotely and get to the lot early is becoming more important.

I talked to one gentlemen in the RV lots last year that was using it and said it was great. Anyone else? Looking for some feedback before I pull the trigger on it. Thanks!!!
I have a small sample of friends (2) who use starlink for their home internet and love it. Not sure about the mobile/RV version.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Home and mobile version here. Mobile is great! Tree canopy can be an issue in where we camp, however clear view to the skies, easily 100mb.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Home version and love it.

What's the mobile version I may have to look into that for my racing travels.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006

Reactions: isufbcurt

Ingynow

RIP CHC
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 3, 2017
Omaha, NE
From everything I have been reading, it might be the way to go. Can use it to work on Friday when we get there and then stream games on Saturday. I guess I will always have the DISH as a back up.

Thanks to those that have responded!

Reactions: keepngoal

keepngoal

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
From everything I have been reading, it might be the way to go. Can use it to work on Friday when we get there and then stream games on Saturday. I guess I will always have the DISH as a back up.

Thanks to those that have responded!
We used it for YTTV at tailgates. Pretty cool stuff. Now with 4way viewing… may take things to the next level.

Reactions: wxman1

I@ST1

Dec 15, 2020

Did you have to get put on a waiting list to get.. Or were you able to get right away?

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Did you have to get put on a waiting list to get.. Or were you able to get right away?

We got it right away because we were in a rural area where no one else really had it.

It's by for the best internet we've ever had.

Reactions: I@ST1

Ingynow

RIP CHC
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 3, 2017
Omaha, NE
We used it last year in the RV lots and camping and it worked very well. Several people stopped by and asked about it, but if you spoke to a gentleman, it wasn't me. I'm just a guy.
Are you in the 500 block of sites? I am in the 400 block.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I’ll be curious how much the fast speeds last. The big issue is too many people connecting to the same satellite. That’s why they do the waitlist stuff as they build out the bandwidth.

If there’s 50 people that start using it in a small area, could be interesting

cjs24

Apr 3, 2014
Des Moines, IA
I have it at home and it is awesome. Bought an RV pass and did a change of address to be able to take it for a game 2 years ago and it was great to have. Now with the mobile package, it should be even better as the change of address stuff was a PITA for a little while.

Ingynow

RIP CHC
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 3, 2017
Omaha, NE
I’ll be curious how much the fast speeds last. The big issue is too many people connecting to the same satellite. That’s why they do the waitlist stuff as they build out the bandwidth.

If there’s 50 people that start using it in a small area, could be interesting
That is EXACTLY my worry. I dont think it will be an issue on Fridays, but Saturdays could become a problem. Going to give it a shot this year and see how it does. Keep my DISH as a back up for at least watching other games.

Reactions: aauummm

Ingynow

RIP CHC
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 3, 2017
Omaha, NE
Well…we got it. I have tried it locally with great success. Super fast. We are going to take it with us this summer and try “working from RV” and see how it performs. I will have my Dish for backup this fall.