Starting Lineup / rotation for IUPUI

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'll be curious to see how often Ward and Osun are on the floor together, if they can coexist offensively, and if TJ likes to alternate them with each other to keep a fresh rim protector on the court at all time. I also think TJ starts Lipsey and commits to giving him the chance to prove himself there.

Lipsey
Holmes
Kalscheur
Kunc
Osun

First off the bench is Ward for Lipsey, sliding Homes to the 1, Kalscheur to 2, Kunc to 3. Grill the first guard off the bench, King also getting minutes.

Would be surprised if Bob gets many minutes between Kunc, Osun, and Ward at the 4/5.

Watson is a total wild card. I could see him ultimately redshirting this season, I could also see him working himself up to 10-15 min/game
You might be surprised then.

Reactions: Cyclad

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
I think you many are underrating Watson. I think he plays major minutes off the bench. Starters-

Lipsey
Holmes
Kalscheur
Kunc
Osun

Rotation - Watson, Grill, Ward, King.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Feels like a perfect game to start Lipsey, get his feet wet against these smaller schools. I've got

Lipsey
Gabe
Holmes
Jaz
Osun
I see TJ going with experience, so: Holmes, Kalscheur, Grill, Kunc & Osunniyi.

It would be awesome if Lipsey's game is ready to play P5 level competition. But it is a lot to put a true freshman in that role.

It is just as important that we develop jump shooters, so it would be nice to give Grill starter minutes and shots before Tre King comes back.

If Kunc has been slowed by injury, I don't think TJ would hesitate to start Ward over Kunc.

Reactions: heitclone

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I see TJ going with experience, so: Holmes, Kalscheur, Grill, Kunc & Osunniyi.

It would be awesome if Lipsey's game is ready to play P5 level competition. But it is a lot to put a true freshman in that role.

It is just as important that we develop jump shooters, so it would be nice to give Grill starter minutes and shots before Tre King comes back.

If Kunc has been slowed by injury, I don't think TJ would hesitate to start Ward over Kunc.

We’ll need Grill off the bench as a shooter.

Reactions: isutrevman

JimDogRock

Feb 21, 2010
Cedar Falls
I think you many are underrating Watson. I think he plays major minutes off the bench. Starters-

Lipsey
Holmes
Kalscheur
Kunc
Osun

Rotation - Watson, Grill, Ward, King.
What makes you so high on Watson?
All the commentary I've seen and heard is that he is a project and super raw.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Diante Garrett
Lucca Staiger
Marquis Gilstrap
Craig Brackins
Justin Hamilton
---
Chris Colvin
Scott Christopherson
LaRon Dendy
Jamie Vanderbeken

Not sure about this Christopherson pickup. I don't like transfers. They're counter to the spirit of the game. If Marquette didn't want him, there has to be something wrong with him.

Not a fan of this Vanderbeken guy either. Plays soft. Just wants to shoot from the outside. Big men need to be in the pain mixing it up for rebounds and physically dominating their opponents.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Diante Garrett
Lucca Staiger
Marquis Gilstrap
Craig Brackins
Justin Hamilton
---
Chris Colvin
Scott Christopherson
LaRon Dendy
Jamie Vanderbeken

Not sure about this Christopherson pickup. I don't like transfers. They're counter to the spirit of the game. If Marquette didn't want him, there has to be something wrong with him.

Not a fan of this Vanderbeken guy either. Plays soft. Just wants to shoot from the outside. Big men need to be in the pain mixing it up for rebounds and physically dominating their opponents.
Good to have a starter like Hamilton playing so close to home! :D

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
What makes you so high on Watson?
All the commentary I've seen and heard is that he is a project and super raw.
I agree, Watson will probably get a little run in the non-con, but probably won't play a ton or at all after December. Maybe he surprises us, but I won't predict it.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Diante Garrett
Lucca Staiger
Marquis Gilstrap
Craig Brackins
Justin Hamilton
---
Chris Colvin
Scott Christopherson
LaRon Dendy
Jamie Vanderbeken

So excited to see what Colvin can do. He is one of the most decorated recruits in our programs history.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I like this one - although, is Jaz hurt?
He seems to have a rough go of things, staying healthy right before the start of the season. Last year I believe Jaz was injured early as well.

Hope he's OK.
------------------------
Starters: PG Lipsey, G Holmes, G Kalscheur, F Ward, F/C Osunniyi

First off the bench: pick em, Grill, Jones, Eli King, Watson, Kunc (starter if healthy).

Whoever plays best gets majority minutes. I know, I'm a big help.

Wide open roster, interesting for sure anyway. I think the freshmen could play extended minutes this year. Partly out of need, partly to get them some needed experience.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Diante Garrett
Lucca Staiger
Marquis Gilstrap
Craig Brackins
Justin Hamilton
---
Chris Colvin
Scott Christopherson
LaRon Dendy
Jamie Vanderbeken

How that team didn’t even make the NIT is mind blowing.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
How that team didn’t even make the NIT is mind blowing.

Now now.

That team only had three future NBA guys (including one lottery pick).

The best three-point shooter in school history (at least based on % made) plus a German sniper.

Two 4* guys coming off the bench. The #1 JUCO in the nation and Big 12 Newcomer of the year. And a pretty good reserve big man for being a goofy Canadian guy who chucked a lot of threes.

...and it wasn't they didn't make the NIT. They didn't even SNIFF the NIT.

* * *​

Compare that to the Sweet Sixteen team last year -- Brockington went undrafted and was briefly on a two-way deal before being waived. I don't think any of the other guys who recorded a minute for the team last year are going to make the NBA, and that includes Hunter. I think he's probably too small to make it in the NBA without top-notch PG skills and shooting ability, which he simply lacks. This inconsistency is absurd.

Reactions: isutrevman