[Steele Jantz] I found him... and it's amazing

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
I'm assuming you're speaking anything they've produced and released publicly, not some of their more "controversial takes"?

You and @cyclone4L have made me wish I thought a bit harder about the last sentence. Let me try that again:

Besides, this site has more obnoxious trolls and mean-spirited posts that make me shake my head than WRNL. It's honestly the best selling point for becoming a SuperFan.

That said, I am not familiar with their (presumably older) controversial takes. I could clearly use some enlightenment.

• Agree
Reactions: WISCY1895 and Cycsk

LeviRStev

Sep 8, 2020
I don’t want to put anyone down, but they embarrass the fanbase when they get high profile interviews and conduct them like middle schoolers. The interview with Reece Davis was painful. They’ve done well to get the interviews they have—credit where it is due—but they represent all of us and they need to do a better job or stop doing them. Mostly Levi needs to stop talking over his guests. I’m amazed that Marchie Murdoch and Cole Netten put up with him since they barely gets a word in.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't like the Rece Davis interview. We got tons of good feedback on that podcast, and Rece said he had lots of fun too, but obviously not everything we do is for everyone. I personally prefer to listen to more conversational podcasts, so that's how I try to conduct the ones I'm involved in. I think people generally expect WRNL content to be more informal, but it's understandable that it may not be your preferred style.

Unintentionally interrupting people is something I'm continuing to work on. The problem stems from a combination of being a naturally curious person (leading me to sometimes ask follow-up questions before they're completely finished answering the previous question), and having some difficulty detecting the end of thought, partially due to natural breaks people put between sentences, and partially due to audio lag that comes from Zoom calls. I think I'm getting better at it, but it's something I'm trying to improve upon. If you haven't listened to our interview with Matt Campbell from about a month ago, I think that one would probably fit your preferences quite a bit more closely.

Here's the Spotify link.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I'm sorry to hear you didn't like the Rece Davis interview. We got tons of good feedback on that podcast, and Rece said he had lots of fun too, but obviously not everything we do is for everyone. I personally prefer to listen to more conversational podcasts, so that's how I try to conduct the ones I'm involved in. I think people generally expect WRNL content to be more informal, but it's understandable that it may not be your preferred style.

Unintentionally interrupting people is something I'm continuing to work on. The problem stems from a combination of being a naturally curious person (leading me to sometimes ask follow-up questions before they're completely finished answering the previous question), and having some difficulty detecting the end of thought, partially due to natural breaks people put between sentences, and partially due to audio lag that comes from Zoom calls. I think I'm getting better at it, but it's something I'm trying to improve upon. If you haven't listened to our interview with Matt Campbell from about a month ago, I think that one would probably fit your preferences quite a bit more closely.

Here's the Spotify link.

You be you. Don't feel obliged to respond to the critics here. You are delivering some significant contributions to the fan world of Cyclone sports. Just keep up doing what you are doing (except for the part that responds to critics here).

P.S. We are all jealous of the interviews you get to do.

Emmawilliams

Jan 27, 2021
You be you. Don't feel obliged to respond to the critics here. You are delivering some significant contributions to the fan world of Cyclone sports. Just keep up doing what you are doing (except for the part that responds to critics here).

P.S. We are all jealous of the interviews you get to do.
so how exactly do I view this interview live?

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
so how exactly do I view this interview live?

Looks like it will be broadcast live on You Tube. Saw a post on their Facebook page.

Edit: Facebook as well.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017

Here's the Spotify link.
While I’ve been a follower of WRNL since about 2010 and I stand by my criticisms, I was too harsh in my tone and you’ve responded like a gentleman. I’m sorry for being a ****. Keep up what you’re doing, we can always grow.

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Might get a t-shirt out of this deal to fund a new flute for Steele.

Steele the flute player wasn't on my 2021 bingo card.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
How dare another ISU website cover the Cyclones in their own way.... the horror.

Bashing creative work from behind a keyboard is honestly embarrassing, and is a bad look for CF and for Iowa State fans as a whole.
Hard agree. I like WRNL's presence on Twitter and appreciate the work they do. I'm glad we have multiple websites covering our Cyclones and different styles in doing so.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Ok folks, the WRNL bashing on this thread (and the one about the Chuck Bruce interview they did) is a bit uncalled for. They have a very different, less professional, style than the fine staff here at CF but they put out some quality stuff and I personally find myself grateful for the variety of content made available to us by both sites.

Besides, some of the posters here are more embarrassing for the fanbase than anything Levi & Co. have ever produced.

Another writer coming to their defense I’m guessing.

• Winner
Reactions: Cy$

NDMARTIN2015

Jun 7, 2018
Des Moines
WRNL is probably the best SBNATION has to offer. They are currently trying to shift gears since things have changed quite a bit in the last 10 years. You can’t just use the same humor you did 10 years ago. They put together a discord server that is growing, and it’s fantastic. It’s rich that some people here would put down their work, and say it was “cool 10 years ago” when they are still posting every 5 minutes on a forum lmao. Just ignore them if they bother you so much. Chris Williams and Co. do great work, and so do Levi, Matthias and friends.