Tamin Lipsey has minor shoulder procedure

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
I assumed he would have shoulder surgery after the season. Good news.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
Houston plays the same physical style as ISU and they were decimated by injuries all season. It is imperative to have a deep bench to cover for fatigue and injuries. The Celtics are another example. The whole season they had guys take days off just for rest. No real injuries. The last 4 games they played for no rebounds in game 1, starters sat 1/2 of game 2, bench played 100% in games 3 and 4.

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
From how he would react from time to time he has a tear in his rotator cuff. I had something similar and wouldn't hurt all the time just when too moved your arm at a certain angle.

Reactions: BigCyFan

TKlone3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 24, 2011
Council Bluffs
Anyone able to link his twitter post referenced in the DMR? Sorry don't have/refuse to get twitter.

David Freshman1982

Sep 14, 2022
From how he would react from time to time he has a tear in his rotator cuff. I had something similar and wouldn't hurt all the time just when too moved your arm at a certain angle.
I had rotator cuff surgery. You def don’t want that.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I was thinking tendonitis. I have it in both elbows and shoulders, and you can be going along fine and then put pressure on it in the wrong way and have a flash of severe pain.

Reactions: BigCyFan

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
I was thinking tendonitis. I have it in both elbows and shoulders, and you can be going along fine and then put pressure on it in the wrong way and have a flash of severe pain.
Tendonitis (inflammation of tendons) does not necessitate surgery. RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation) and a little P/T knocks out tendonitis. He had something more going on than tendonitis

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
Good. It seemed like his shoulder was in pain some games towards the end of the season. Hopefully he can rest up and be ready to be the floor general in the fall. This dude is highly capable of first team all conference.
And 1st team AA as well. I mean, he did get hon men AA this year playing hurt almost all season.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Big 12 schools really struggled with injuries last year. Houston, ISU, Kansas oh and Baylor had an impactful injury as well. Basically the top 4 teams. That is why it was annoying when people started crapping on the conference for not going further in the tournament.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Part of the problem was how hard he worked to bang through picks instead of going around them on defense. He took on a lot of extra contact last year.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Carnegie

Jul 10, 2019
Just finishing up rotator cuff surgery from January. As I watched him, I did make it to Omaha. It looked like RC. Off and on pain on the front of his cuff. Glad he had it done, as it would not heal without surgery.

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
Once an athletes college career is over, and a surgery or two was involved - does a athlete have to sign a waiver or release to the university for said university is no longer liable for additional care/surgeries of that particular injury? Happen to recall a wrestler had surgery a after graduation and the university foot the bill.

Help Support Us

Become a patron