Tech has now established a NIL Fund.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Because they can and why create a division within the team.
There already is as they are paying for their education. Most of the time the walk on is just happy to be there. If I was the doner, no way in hell would a walk on get one red cent.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
There already is as they are paying for their education. Most of the time the walk on is just happy to be there. If I was the doner, no way in hell would a walk on get one red cent.
Well, clearly their donors feel differently about it.

• Agree
Reactions: Mr.G.Spot and NWICY

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
I guess you won't be a donor. Do u think walk-ons spend less time then scholarship players? Actually, a walk-on potentially deserves it more than the majority of scholarships players, because most (roughly half) of them will never be in the two deeps.

Most people here wanted the NIL. It now appears that market forces (capitalism) has caused the NIL to morph. Now people don't like it. My feelings have never changed. I have never liked it, but u want to be a survivor or not?

Contribute or die.

Campbell is playing along for now, but he won't be here forever at a disadvantage.

The TTU model would be endorsed by Campbell, imo. Level and some for everyone.

Are we going to be contributors or complainers?

A lot of complainers on this board. I hope this group is the vocal minority.

Also, we have the lowest percentage of grads that make contributions to the AD in the Big 12.

We actually control our destiny, but will we complain or be part of the solution?

It's up to us.

• Haha
Reactions: Macloney

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Agreed. Daughter thought about vet school but when she saw that she would be getting essentially medical school debt with a much lower earnings potential (large animal, not soccer moms' pets) she shelved that idea.
Wise decision making. How it should be done by all students.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

KillBilly

Jul 2, 2010
Dallas, TX
ISU really needs a former football player to become a billionaire.
Two former Texas Tech football players recently sold their O&G company for >$6 billion but they're not alone, Tech petroleum engineering grads have made hundreds of millions in the West Texas O&G industry over the past two decades and are now investing huge amounts in Tech sports, academics, and meat judging programs. The Bama of meat judging will never be defeated!

• Informative
Reactions: t-noah

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
(Red Raider here, I come in peace.)

Tech has a law school and two medical schools.

Happy to answer any questions about the structure of the collective and how it works.
Thanks for stopping by. I just think everyone is 'tired'.

Reactions: Foxraider

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
A few months ago I thought this NIL stuff was going to kill us. Now it looks like we're going to have our best basketball recruiting class in school history and the top 2 football classes in back-to-back years. If NIL is going to hurt Iowa State's recruiting, we certainly aren't seeing it yet.

jaolson11

Jul 26, 2021
A few months ago I thought this NIL stuff was going to kill us. Now it looks like we're going to have our best basketball recruiting class in school history and the top 2 football classes in back-to-back years. If NIL is going to hurt Iowa State's recruiting, we certainly aren't seeing it yet.
I think it will be more in the transfer market where schools poach 3 stars and lower rated 4 stars that outperformed their high school rating. Schools will be getting in their ears to get in the transfer market and throw NIL money at them.

• Agree
Reactions: ISUAlum2002

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Having people in the oil business is a nice perk
always-sunny-in-philadelphia-gas.gif

Reactions: jaolson11