Texas game is on the Longhorn Network

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
That's just odd! I've had DirecTV since 2019. Do not know why I get it, and you do not. Maybe LHN was granfathered in or something like that? Bummer that you do not get it with your package (in order to see the ISU game).
We have had Direct for over 20 years, we had it when they first put it on the air, but they took it away a few years ago. Not sure why, they did the same thing with getting the Brewers and Twins in baseball, we got them for years, and last season you had to pay for them.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
You have to have a subscription to one of the (limited) services that carries the LHN. PlayStation Vue is listed on the ESPN/LHN webpage … does that even exist any more?

Anyway, there’s no way to legally access LHN without signing up to a cable TV provider that offers it. ESPN’s answer to those who can’t get it? “Keep calling and bugging your provider to add all the exciting content and expansive coverage of UT activities on the Longhorn Network!” :rolleyes:

View attachment 109752
Not even Texas fans watch LHN. Why would any other cable providers want to add it? lol

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
We have had Direct for over 20 years, we had it when they first put it on the air, but they took it away a few years ago. Not sure why, they did the same thing with getting the Brewers and Twins in baseball, we got them for years, and last season you had to pay for them.
That's odd too, as I still get the Brewers and Twins games. Maybe there are geographical considerations with some of the channels? If you are in SE Iowa, maybe it is not considered Big Xii Territory and outside of the Twins and Brewers regional affiliation? Meanwhile, I am in Des Moines, and I get all 3, so maybe it is simple as that?

• Informative
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
That's odd too, as I still get the Brewers and Twins games. Maybe there are geographical considerations with some of the channels? If you are in SE Iowa, maybe it is not considered Big Xii Territory and outside of the Twins and Brewers regional affiliation? Meanwhile, I am in Des Moines, and I get all 3, so maybe it is simple as that?
It could be, we still get the Cubs, Cards, Royals, and White Sox on the baseball side, at least we did last season. It might be a location deal, we are all the way down by the Missouri border.

• Informative
Reactions: AlaCyclone

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I get the Longhorn network on my dish but planning to meet up with a friend to watch the game. Any good suggestions of a good bar and grill in West Des Moines area that has the LHN?

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
What replay? It doesn't show up on the Cyclone TV schedule.
I wouldn't doubt that one bit. I think the cyclone.tv will show replays, that they are allowed to, after the fist tier rights.

The fact that it might not be on cyclone.tv is probably more reason to dislike all things Texas Longhorns?

I haven't looked to see. I know cyclone.tv doesn't, or isn't able to show all the replays. It's probably a rights thing that I am not privy to.

• Dumb
Reactions: CloneLawman

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
Sports Bar. Enjoy a day/night out with fellow Cyclones.
last time I tried this in Nashville I had an extremely difficult time finding a bar that had LHN. Found a texas bar which I didn't want to be a part of. after calling half a dozen bars buffalo wild wings said "we have every sports channel". guaranteed they'd have it on.

went there with a group of 5 (not close to my house) all decked out in cyclone gear and I asked them to put on the texas game. she came back and said "there ya go. but why didn't you just ask for the OHIO ST game?"

I asked her to read my shirt and pointed out that she is the reason I never ask any server anywhere outside of iowa to put on the iowa state game.

anyway, they did not in fact have the LHN because no one does. wasted a full quarter driving back to my place to stream is on a pirate website.

point is: call before you go and have them actually check to see if they have LHN. most don't.

Reactions: 2speedy1

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Why does Hulu not have Longhorn Network? Aren't both owned by Disney? And if I'm googling correctly my ESPN+ doesn't get me Longhorn Network?

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
There are some things that are free on LHN, I think some confuse the live stream, with some of the free content or replays included on ESPN+.

I can go and see a lot of things on LHN, but if I try to see a live game, (I tried this) It wont let me.
Any idea if we be able to watch a replay on ESPN+?

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
There are some things that are free on LHN, I think some confuse the live stream, with some of the free content or replays included on ESPN+.

I can go and see a lot of things on LHN, but if I try to see a live game, (I tried this) It wont let me.
I'm watching what is currently airing. It is a replay, but it's scheduled content on the network.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron