That 4th down call should be the nail for Manning

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The game was pretty well lost when Shaw fumbled in the red zone as we were going in to take a two-score lead. Shaw still has not learned his lesson-he was carrying it loose again on a later completion but managed to hold onto it. That’s just really poor fundamentals from someone who has played a lot of football.
I told my kids that we needed to keep Sanders off the field by getting up 10-14 points. We let them be close and they will bring him in, and they did.

fnclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2010
I don't disagree that Manning is a mediocre OC, but the problems were not just on the OC today. 5 turnovers and bad drops and false starts aren't Manning's fault.

A lot of things Manning does are also done by many other OCs every week across the country. But we don't/can't execute. That won't magically change by changing the staff.
Poor coaching results in whatever that was on offense....it isn't some free for all....that was gross

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Fails to mention anything about oline but still a manning problem?
The OL is a huge problem, but there’s no way you can sit here and defend manning when he’s held this team back for years now. He was a glaring issue in 2019 and no one wanted to believe it until now

Reactions: khardbored

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
This. He's not even smart enough to know to slide feet first or make damn sure you know where the sticks are.
When you slide feet first they spot the ball where you leave your feet. On that play he should have stayed on his feet and run through the play. He had one guy in front of him who wasn’t in position to make a big hit. No reason to dive there.

SDClone

Oct 3, 2007
Ankeny, Iowa
The OL is a huge problem, but there’s no way you can sit here and defend manning when he’s held this team back for years now. He was a glaring issue in 2019 and no one wanted to believe it until now

Also look how he handled last year with probably the most talented offense this team has ever had.

Reactions: agentbear

Aduhbolu15

Feb 28, 2021
If your list said best oline is school history. You couldn’t complain about the other positions. Because the qb would have time, the rbs would have holes and the wr could make more plays being able to run the whole route because the line gave them time to do that.

Reactions: CRcyclone6

CyVolk

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 19, 2017
Perhaps, but the 1 year Manning was in the pros, the offense underperformed. It seems the problem is bigger than Manning. I’m not a Manning defender but I think we want to play physical but, other than when we had 3 great TEs, we don’t have the players.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron