The amount of butthurt from countless people about

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Good now do SEC fb.
The opposite happens since ESPN sells its soul for exclusive media rights to the SEC. Outside the top 3 in the conference, you have a very mediocre conference yet all you will hear from the ESPN talking heads is the SEC is the greatest conference top to bottom in the history of college football.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Who cares? The tournament will tell who the best conference is. People can say it’s about matchups, but perception is reality. Non Big 12 fans are waiting for us to fall on our face.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Who cares? The tournament will tell who the best conference is. People can say it’s about matchups, but perception is reality. Non Big 12 fans are waiting for us to fall on our face.
The tournament doesn't really decide squat, other than the hottest team just won it, or like last year, the best team won. The tournament never tells who the best conference is, that's regular season.

Reactions: isufbcurt

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
The tournament doesn't really decide squat, other than the hottest team just won it, or like last year, the best team won. The tournament never tells who the best conference is, that's regular season.

I'd argue its a bit of both. The whole season tells it. The tournament just adds data points.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I'd argue its a bit of both. The whole season tells it. The tournament just adds data points.
I can agree with that, but if all the Big XII teams play others that shoot lights out during the tournament, and none make the FF, does the conference suck then? I'd say no. But, that's how some will perceive it.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

I'd be perfectly fine with ISU being the hottest team for those 6 or 8 games whatever it is.

• Winner
Reactions: CRcyclone6

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I think he was giving Iowa St a compliment. His point was that Va Tech isn't a terrible team. "I mean, they beat Iowa State. They can't be that bad" We did the same thing with WVU and UCF. "Hey, they're not terrible, I mean, WVU did beat Kansas."
UCF beat KU also.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu

Cyowa 14

THE Iowa State University Class of 2014
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 26, 2019
Jamie needs to step up and say don't ever ******* give us DePaul again. We're already handicapped with a weak instate rival.
JBR Bracketology is pretty good but he went off on this again yesterday, he responds to most counterpoints but when I brought up ISU had no choice in playing DePaul and what our NCSOS would be if they had paired us with Marquette or Creighton it was crickets. DePaul is historically bad, is it crazy to say our NCSOS would go from #330 or whatever it is to #230 if they had paired us with somebody good? I have no idea if it's possible to jump that much but it would be a huge difference. I'll say it again, next year is 3 games in a brutal Maui, at Iowa, and surely a tougher Big East team, that is MORE than enough with what the Big 12 will look like next year adding Arizona etc.

Texbudman

Nov 20, 2012
Arlington,Tx
I will be brief. The issue here is not whether we "gamed" the system or took a few liberties with our non-conference schedule. We did. But can you hold a whole conference responsible for the behavior of a few sick, perverted teams? For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole computerized rankings system? And if the whole system is guilty, isn't that an indictment of the math used to create those systems in general? I put it to you, haters. Isn't this an indictment of all of college basketball rankings?!!

I guess if your team's NET isn't very good but you think your team is very good, then you didn't do good enough math to build your schedule.

I see what you did there

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Good comments by Lunardi (long thread of tweets- here’s the first one)

This whole argument is being driven by ACC fans who want to argue that the conference's prestige ON PAPER should matter more than metrics like the NET that analyze how well teams are playing.

They are the stupid ones.

If anyone is trying to manipulate anything, it's those guys.

Last edited:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
JBR Bracketology is pretty good but he went off on this again yesterday, he responds to most counterpoints but when I brought up ISU had no choice in playing DePaul and what our NCSOS would be if they had paired us with Marquette or Creighton it was crickets. DePaul is historically bad, is it crazy to say our NCSOS would go from #330 or whatever it is to #230 if they had paired us with somebody good? I have no idea if it's possible to jump that much but it would be a huge difference. I'll say it again, next year is 3 games in a brutal Maui, at Iowa, and surely a tougher Big East team, that is MORE than enough with what the Big 12 will look like next year adding Arizona etc.
We add AZ but also add 3 more. Will AZ be good enough to hold up the other 3 coming, seeing that we will have even less teams that we play twice. We played Houston twice, how would it look if we dropped them once and put the pokes in a second time?

Xerxes_

Sep 10, 2023
Anyone arguing that the Big 12 isn't the best basketball conference sounds as ridiculous as anyone arguing that the SEC isn't the best football conference. Quite honestly in both cases it's not even close. Once the Big 12 adds Arizona the gap will get even bigger.

Reactions: dahliaclone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Good comments by Lunardi (long thread of tweets- here’s the first one)

I like how some people also just dismiss what the Big 12 has done...IN THE FREAKING ACTUAL TOURNAMENT.

Look at ISU two years ago...we could barely make it into the dance because the Big 12 was 80% deep as usual. BLOW OUT the Big Ten tournament champ in non conf...DESTROY the Big Ten regular season champ in a road game in the NCAA tournament. I mean the Big Ten was a severely lower minor league conference that season...and the Big 12 had the national champion AGAIN.

Look at TCU a year or two ago when they got a 9 seed instead of the 5 seed they deserved. They absolutely blew out their 8 seed first round opponent, then took #1 seed Arizona into overtime.

People...the NCAA tournament does exist.

This is no different than if football talking heads obsessed over SEC non conference games then acted like the college football playoff does not even exist. Absolutely no different. It's absurd.