Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Sunshine?

DONNIEJENNERT6_23150.JPG

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO
He didnt fade..he hardly got passed to!

or you could say he didn't have many receptions..which is fading. his stats dropped off in everything.

Plus, we all know how great of a down field blocker he was. With that said, he gave it his all everytime he was on the feild and that is all we can ask for really as fans.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
lets hope not. todd faded his last two years. he hit his max potential when he was only 20 yrs of age..

Ha! I knew there would be a post similar to this one quickly. He is one of, if not, THE greatest receiver in ISU history!!! Yet, you don't want another guy like him. Todd was not only a great receiver but a leader that gave the team some much-needed swagger.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
lets hope not. todd faded his last two years. he hit his max potential when he was only 20 yrs of age..

I agree! It would be awful to have a All Big 12 WR. A guy that caught over 30 TD's in his career and leads the school in every major category.

I would rather take Marguis Hamilton and his 4 TD's!!!

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
or you could say he didn't have many receptions..which is fading. his stats dropped off in everything.

Plus, we all know how great of a down field blocker he was. With that said, he gave it his all everytime he was on the feild and that is all we can ask for really as fans.

thanks to you everyone in this thread is now dumber

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO
i just think that todd was a tad overrated, that is all. i would love for someone to accomplish all the things he did before his junior year, i just want them to continue to get better instead of reaching a plateau.

Also, maybe i just got sick of all the "coaches" in the stands saying "throw it to blythe"

ISUCLONES15

Mar 24, 2006
Altoona
All you Blythe haters really disgust me. The guy is a born and raised Iowan and busted his balls for us for 5 years of his life. He holds nearly every receiving record in the book here but just because he didn't live up to the hype created on message boards he has to get trashed all the time? Unbelievable!! :no:

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO
All you Blythe haters really disgust me. The guy is a born and raised Iowan and busted his balls for us for 5 years of his life. He holds nearly every receiving record in the book here but just because he didn't live up to the hype created on message boards he has to get trashed all the time? Unbelievable!! :no:

..and i hate all you people that put words in my mouth really disgust me, where did i say i hate todd blythe. Why not shine light on where i gave him respect and said that he gave it his all everytime he set foot on the feild and that is all we can ask for as fans??

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
..and i hate all you people that put words in my mouth really disgust me, where did i say i hate todd blythe. Why not shine light on where i gave him respect and said that he gave it his all everytime he set foot on the feild and that is all we can ask for as fans??

You said that you hope Jennert is not the next Todd Blythe in a way that didn't come over very good. If Jennert's stats are 1/2 as good as Blythes he will have had a a nice career at ISU

You never said you hated Blythe, but you does sound like you didn't like him

Reactions: Clones21

Isuhsfbcoach

Jan 26, 2009
Alden, Iowa
Todd was a great Cyclone football player. He was fun to watch and I would love to have more players on the football team who represented ISU the way Todd did.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Blythe was a great Cyclone, and single-handedly beat Toledo in 2006, but why does everyone have to hate on a differing opinion? Sure he was great, but it looked like he got "Randy Moss Syndrome" his last couple of years. If he wasn't getting the ball, you could tell it, and he wasn't that great of a downfield blocker. Then there was the mysterious illness at the end of 2006, when everything else was going down the toilet. I don't think he had near as much heart as his QB, who was absolutely abused his last two years on the field, and hung in there. Todd Blythe was a great Cyclone, and seemingly a decent human being, but what's wrong with being objective?

Reactions: Luke3485

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
4.49 from a 6-7 200 pounder? I'll believe it when I see it. From what I heard from his visit, he was rocking a mohawk and from what I see in his picture, the kid looks like a real goober. Hey, sometimes the biggest goobers become some great football players right?

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
You said that you hope Jennert is not the next Todd Blythe in a way that didn't come over very good. If Jennert's stats are 1/2 as good as Blythes he will have had a a nice career at ISU

You never said you hated Blythe, but you does sound like you didn't like him
I think if Jennert can put on some beef (whitch i think he will) he will be another great WR recruit for us. After losing Marquis Hamilton next year he could be a good asset to the team!