The Oklahoman (NewsOK.com) ranks ISU LB's last

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Our front 7 REALLY worries me.

Considering we were not that great there last year and lost both DTs (one to NFL) and Bowen to NFL. As with any position there are a LOT of guys who have not really proven anything and may turn out to be great players. The problem is the odds of SEVERAL guys stepping up are pretty slim.

Last edited:

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
I like how they rank Oklahoma 5th... and instead of justifying who puts them in the top half they just mention losing their best linebacker.

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I have nothing to base this on, but I just have a sense that the staff is happy with our LB's and DL. The returning players are quite differentl phsycially than we ended with last season.

We'll start finding out in just under 30 days and two hours.

uro cy

Oct 28, 2006
Let the kids play....the amount of research and effort that went into that article beyond looking at preseason rosters is minimal. I doubt the author has ever watched any film of ISU LB's nor could he name a single player on ISU's roster without looking :skeptical:

becrisgreg

Apr 11, 2006
Omaha
Let the kids play....the amount of research and effort that went into that article beyond looking at preseason rosters is minimal. I doubt the author has ever watched any film of ISU LB's nor could he name a single player on ISU's roster without looking :skeptical:

So true. Having the misfortune of living in Omaha, I get all the cornhole crap all the time. Nebraska only has 1 guy at LB that has ever played the position in college. At least Bibbs and Garin have seen the field. Not to mention the one guy Nebraska does have back is pictured in the article, and is being out run by a fat Chase Daniels. This is the same Nebraska defense that gave up something like 7895 points per game last year. Their top 4 guys are gone, that could be good, but the guys there last year were not good enough to play.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wesley

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I am not worried about our backers. They will be fine. THE KEY to our season will be the NG and DT spots. If we get good production from those spots we could be looking at 8 wins. If they struggle, we'll be looking at another 3 win season.
Posted via Mobile Device

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I am not worried about our backers. They will be fine. THE KEY to our season will be the NG and DT spots. If we get good production from those spots we could be looking at 8 wins. If they struggle, we'll be looking at another 3 win season.
Posted via Mobile Device

But most likely we wont, which could really expose our 'young' backers. Thats why Im guessing 4 wins. I really hope Im way wrong.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
We shouldn't have "bad" play out of any position this year, although I'm not sure we'll have superior play out of any either. I'm looking for a legitimate 6 win team this year.

edit: I'll admit I'm being optimistic with the number of unknowns we have. ;)

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008
How about poor Baylor. He says LB may be the team's strength and yet they are only ranked # 9!

Just because its the team's strength doesn't mean the team/players are any good. My thoughts on it, take it for what it's worth.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
I'm guessing Coach Chizik knows precisely what needs to be done to "develop" some inexperienced "so-so" guys into competent, and even better than average guys. And I think we'll see that, this year.