the players

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
how hard is a loss like this on the players? i am obviously taking it extremely bad, but how about the team? i was listening to the locker room show with john walters, and he was interviewing garrin and it sounded like garrin was sobbing a little bit. and i don't blame him a bit. damn this is a tough one to swallow. i hope they bounce back next week and have a good game. for some of these guys their career has to have felt a little like an episode of the twilight zone.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
i dont doubt that cpr will motivate these guys with the way things went down today, but for the upperclassmen, it's gotta be a punch to the gut. im sure they were banking on teh fact that if they won today they had a realistic chance to go to a bowl game. not saying that it can't happen now, but our chances took a serious blow

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Actually it will be interesting to see how the team responds to this. A win at KU would be a nice way to soothe the pain.:yes:

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
It's not just the upperclassmen, it looked like Schwartz had some tears as he left the field on the TV broadcast. I have a feeling though that CPR is going to have these guys motivated for every game this year. I like the way our D is playing & I still fell like our offense is going to look better and better as everybody gets comfortable with Herman's system.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
i'm glad they are crying. not because they are sad obviously, but it shows that they are investing as much emotion into winning as most of us fans are. i was close to crying myself after today.

TheCaptain

Bookie
Jul 2, 2009
Iowa
I know for a fact that it is demoralizing to the players.
You start to question whether all the time and practice is even worth it.

Thats when the coaching staff steps in and shows you your priorities and
lets you know that all is not lost.

That would be what I expect from this staff.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
my heart goes out to them. if i am taking a loss this bad, god only knows what it is like for them. best wishes in hopes they can turn this thing around.

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
They will bounce back. It was heartbreaking no doubt about it. Hopefully it builds hunger and determination. None of these guys were on the heartbreak teams from the past. They dont have the feelings we have being long time fans. Not to say they are carefree but most were young enough that they dont have the scars we have. And God knows we have plenty from plenty of sports.

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
They showed a lot of heart on the last drive. I think that this team will stick together. The difference in the game was clearly A-Rob. I like our chances of snagging three more wins before the end of the season.

JY07

Aug 20, 2009
DSM
i think you almost, as an ISU fan, have to expect things like this to happen, and move on... hopefully the players do the same

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
But thats not how you build a winning program.
any ideas then? i think this coaching staff can get it done. that said, i think it is going to be a while before they do. i have a lot more faith in cpr and staff then i did in the previous staff

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
Our chances of going to a bowl game are slim. We just dont have the make up and miss too many opportunities or give up to many opportunities. Too many people are looking at going bowling when we should just focus on the next game and get that W. The bowl game will take care of itself. I think next year we have a better chance even with OU and TU on he schedule

TheCaptain

Bookie
Jul 2, 2009
Iowa
I have more faith in this staff than any since even before I played(1988-1993).... and that doesnt say much at this point.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
they have two choices:

question their hard work and quit

or refuse to have another "3" win season and kick it in gear

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
It was a hard loss but at some point the players have to make the plays to win games like that. KSU was trying to give ISU the win and yet the players didnt make it happen. When you have very few big plays in a game it is hard to win.