the sun did come up today

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
cyclone fans, i need to atone. i reacted unfavorably yesterday to a loss that probably shouldn't have happened. i said some things i shouldn't have, and i am sorry.

the game yesterday is still stinging me right now, i can't imagine how bad it must be hurting the actual team. how good would it feel to say we are 4-1 right now. that said, we aren't-we are 3-2. Not near as good, but still not to bad.

in the loss i experienced the highest of highs-jakes amazing catch, followed immediately by the lowest of lows-the blocked pat; and i think that is why it hurts so bad. i honestly believe i would feel better if hamilton hadn't made that amazing 4th down catch to keep the game alive and we had just lost it there. instead, to lose the way we did makes it that much harder to stomach.

in the loss, i think a lot of things are going unnoticed-by many on here-myself included. we did lose yesterdays game in a "typical isu fashion." having said that, i do sense something different in this years team then the last couple of years. it seems to me that the coaching staff is somehow getting a lot more out of these guys then the previous staffs. there are a lot of bright spots on the team right now. there are some low spots too, but i have seen more pleasant surprises this year then vice versa.

it's gonna take me awhile to get over what happened yesterday-might not happen for weeks, but i am going to climb back up the wagon and root like hell for these kids next week and thereafter. they deserve it from us-they are playing their ***** off to get wins.

i know a lot of people were in the same boat as me yesterday afternoon-comment like "i'm done" and "i can't take anymore of this". hopefully after a good nights sleep those people can take it all back as i am now and get back behind these guys.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

RossHallHero

Jul 8, 2009
i know a lot of people were in the same boat as me yesterday afternoon-comment like "i'm done" and "i can't take anymore of this". hopefully after a good nights sleep those people can take it all back as i am now and get back behind these guys.

I've been asking myself why I'm a Cyclone fan for about the last 30 years.

I've determined, I hate myself.

Seriously, though, it's a game. I still love tailgating, Ames and am a proud grad. I've long since come to terms with the fact that our football team is usually going to be poor and sometimes worse than that.

I take every win as gravy until basketball starts. The lack of success there, now that one still kicks me in the balls each and every morning.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
cyclone fans, i need to atone. i reacted unfavorably yesterday to a loss that probably shouldn't have happened. i said some things i shouldn't have, and i am sorry.

I've been there, it is not a great feeling. Since that time I have re-examined my expectations and that made yesterday's loss much easier to get through.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
In regards to the TD/blocked PAT sequence, a buddy put eloquently: "It was the best play in the past 5 years of ISU football followed by the worst."

Help Support Us

Become a patron