This loss is on all 3 units... like it or not

kcclone33

Dec 15, 2008
Ames
I put that one on the coaches. We should have brought pressure on that play and it never would have happened the way it did. I really think the coaches would like another shot at that one.

There is no defensive play that, if executed perfectly, allows a touchdown. Say what you want about the play call, we should have stopped them. The same can be said on the offensive side of the ball too.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
So basically we don't have the talent to make mistakes in the Big 12? We dont have many play makers? Our Dline doesnt get pressure? We dont have many great receivers? Our QB turns the ball over?

It is hard to believe any of this. This is nothing like last year or the year before or the year before.

For ISU you can run any system you can possibly think of on either side of the ball, but if you have the talent level that we do, how are you supposed to win?

I think CPR will bring in a lot better talent, as did Coach Chizik. We just have to give it time. Chizik seemed great filling the trenches. Lets just hope that CPR is good at skill positions

Last edited:
Reactions: Clone5

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Until we get better defensive line play, we're going to struggle to win football games. I don't want to know what Kerry Meier is going to do to our defense if we don't blitz every play because we get exactly 0 push from our line. The QB had 9 seconds from the snap of the ball to when he released the touchdown pass on 3rd and goal from the 16. 9 seconds.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Until we get better defensive line play, we're going to struggle to win football games. I don't want to know what Kerry Meier is going to do to our defense if we don't blitz every play because we get exactly 0 push from our line. The QB had 9 seconds from the snap of the ball to when he released the touchdown pass on 3rd and goal from the 16. 9 seconds.

While that is true... you could post something similar to EVERY position on the field.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron