Tiller Article from SA

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
JT is going to get some snaps next year. It's frustrating to me how you have to tiptoe around QBs or they transfer. Be a backup, push the starter, get a series here and there and put in your time. He can still be the man as a JR and SR.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
This is an interesting article. Perhaps a summer of throwing will greatly improve his passing skills. This sounds like we have a winner for the future.

Bobber

Apr 12, 2006
Hudson, Iowa
Nice read. Had no idea his mechanics were poor.

Come to think of it, I've never heard an ISU football coach talk about something as basic as that. Refreshing to see that kind of thinking at work in the background.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Nice read. Had no idea his mechanics were poor.

Come to think of it, I've never heard an ISU football coach talk about something as basic as that. Refreshing to see that kind of thinking at work in the background.

:yes:

Amen.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Anyone else think that Chizik promised playing time for Tiller with no intention of following through? I hope that doesn't come back to Chiz us here.

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
The quotes seem pretty selective. I have no doubt this staff has illustrated to him how he can be the man for at least two years after Arnaud leaves.

I almost wonder that if Bates had stayed maybe we would have lost Tiller...

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
The quotes seem pretty selective. I have no doubt this staff has illustrated to him how he can be the man for at least two years after Arnaud leaves.

I almost wonder that if Bates had stayed maybe we would have lost Tiller...

I think it was a sure bet ISU was going to lose one of them.

Not that I'm a huge football expert, but I thought Tiller looked better this year than what Bates did last year in the spring game. But then again, it was just spring games.

cloneaholic

Apr 20, 2006
JT is going to get some snaps next year. It's frustrating to me how you have to tiptoe around QBs or they transfer. Be a backup, push the starter, get a series here and there and put in your time. He can still be the man as a JR and SR.

I think this is a growing problem in collegiate athletics in general. I can't believe how many athletes feel like they have to play their freshman year or they will transfer.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I like Tiller, but is he talking about last years coaches or just Iowa State football when he said
“I don't think (sitting out) helped me. I didn't learn anything.”

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I like Tiller, but is he talking about last years coaches or just Iowa State football when he said
“I don't think (sitting out) helped me. I didn't learn anything.â€￾

I would think last year's staff because he's a red shirt. Speaks volumes about how good the coaching staff was last year, however.

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
“I don't think (sitting out) helped me. I didn't learn anything.â€￾

I agree. If you look past the poor writing, the article is okay.