Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
$$,$$$,$$$

:explode:

Good for her. But why does it matter? Did you see ISU fans running to the Hok boards when Tyrese signed a five year contract worth $ XXX,XXX,XXX?

It's fun to see alumni succeed at the next level. When Tyrese signed his contract, my first reaction was "Good for him" and didn't give it any other thought. But some people are living vicariously through athletes, and it seems many Iowa fans/media are living vicariously through CC

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Good for her. But why does it matter? Did you see ISU fans running to the Hok boards when Tyrese signed a five year contract worth $ XXX,XXX,XXX?

It's fun to see alumni succeed at the next level. When Tyrese signed his contract, my first reaction was "Good for him" and didn't give it any other thought. But some people are living vicariously through athletes, and it seems many Iowa fans/media are living vicariously through CC
He’s got to have something to troll about, that’s why he’s here.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

I was responding to a post about her low income with new info.

TBT

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 27, 2014
WDM, IA
Reactions: Gonzo

TBT

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 27, 2014
WDM, IA
Why is it surprising? The WNBA loses money every year.
Yes, I understand that, I just thought Caitlin would earn more as a #1 pick than Purdys Mr. Irrelevant contract. Both got sponsorships so it worked out for both.

• Haha
Reactions: Candide

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I'm legit surprised that people are surprised about this WNBA salary thing. I thought it was common knowledge. Granted, tons of new people are viewing the women now and they clearly had no idea. Makes sense.

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
I was responding to a post about her low income with new info.
I highly doubt people thought CC would have "low income." Everyone already knew she makes a ton of money with endorsements. But thanks for sharing. I can rest easy now knowing CC won't worry about money

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Believe me, posting the tweet wasn't a dig, just surprising how little players get paid in the WNBA. A lot of players don't and won't have those types of sponsorships, though I understand the different level Caitlin plays at.
I thought the low pay was common knowledge. Why the hell else would Britney Griner play in Russia?

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I'm legit surprised that people are surprised about this WNBA salary thing. I thought it was common knowledge. Granted, tons of new people are viewing the women now and they clearly had no idea. Makes sense.

I’m surprised that you’re surprised that people are surprised

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I think Ashley would have made more teaching school in Dallas than playing basketball. Will be interesting to see how the stars in the league feel about CC dwarfing their income.

TBT

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 27, 2014
WDM, IA
I thought the low pay was common knowledge. Why the hell else would Britney Griner play in Russia?
Never looked it up. I knew it was low, but not that low. I didnt care to check until a few days ago.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron