Time for a Real Discussion About Caitlin Clark

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I wish they would have called this stuff on her in college. Did she just mouth off or throw in some f-bombs? I still can’t believe that Stanford player didn’t get a T for that either. I took my great niece to a women’s game in Hilton and it seemed like such a great atmosphere for girls, I hope that never changes.

I've never seen anything like Brink's mouth to refs in any organized sport. It was insane.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I turned 17 near our last football game my senior year.

I was the only football/basketball letter winner my jr and sr years,.....in the initial MVC.

Excuses are not an excuse, just a crutch. Either you can play, or not.

I am picking on you, just providing the other side.

I don't think we really disagree here. We were probably making a similar point.

If you can't hang with the athleticism and physicality of the sport... then you don't belong.

Clark is obviously having trouble with the athleticism and physicality of WNBA veterans.

Maybe she'll adjust. Curry did... he was always small but also always lightning quick at his peak.

Or maybe she won't. She's not nearly as quick in context as he was.

Yeah, it looked terrible and I'm sure it hurt a lot. She did fake a lot of injuries even just this past season though so you can't blame people for thinking it was fake.

I'll never forget the sound and feeling of when I had a bad ACL tear playing soccer, I'm glad I don't have a video of it.

Just because she fakes things and embellishes minor things doesn't mean she can't seriously get injured... especially playing against WNBA veterans who are bigger, faster, and stronger than her.

She's flesh and blood. That video wasn't faking it. She's lucky it seems like a minor sprain.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
If any Cyclone fans are watching these games (or especially the WNBA PRESEASON) and not watching the Eastern Conference Finals you're doing the Cyclone fan and basketball fan thing wrong.

Tyrese is such a treasure.

Most Cyclones aren't really NBA people.

I don't think they realize where he is and where he's going.

He could very well win some MVPs and championships and be one of the faces of the league over the next five years. Being on that tier in the NBA is worth a million times whatever CC is.

Reactions: CyNews and Cycho1

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
It not preseason and I don't watch that either. Sorry I find the NBA (and most pro sports) absurdly boring.

But Liberty vs Fever regular season is riveting??? Jokic, Edwards and Haliburton are boring?

I'll never understand the loathing some have for NBA basketball. Makes me wonder if they've never actually watched a playoff series.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
So wait- you guys are now watching a WNBA game on a beautiful Saturday afternoon in May just so you can trash on Caitlyn Clark?
Careful, you spelled her name wrong...you'll be accused as a hater.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
But Liberty vs Fever regular season is riveting??? Jokic, Edwards and Haliburton are boring?

I'll never understand the loathing some have for NBA basketball. Makes me wonder if they've never actually watched a playoff series.

I've never loathed it.

It just feels like watching basketball on crack.

Everything is so fast. The players are so skilled. The pace is just ridiculous.

The college game feels glacial in comparison. And barely anybody can shoot (by NBA standards).

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I've never loathed it.

It just feels like watching basketball on crack.

Everything is so fast. The players are so skilled. The pace is just ridiculous.

The college game feels glacial in comparison. And barely anybody can shoot (by NBA standards).

College basketball might be about as bad as I can remember from a skills/stars standpoint.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
She just went off the court with an injury, it looked really bad but she was able to walk off the court with some help. Wouldn’t recommend watching it.

Wouldn't recommend watching? She rolled her ankle trying to avoid a screen, not like her fibula was sticking out.

Glad she's not seriously injured, but they better give her a night off to heal up - might just get a win!

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
If any Cyclone fans are watching these games (or especially the WNBA PRESEASON) and not watching the Eastern Conference Finals you're doing the Cyclone fan and basketball fan thing wrong.
I watch ZERO NBA during the regular season but have watched a ton of the playoffs. Good stuff.
Long regular season sports like NBA and MLB render each individual game nearly meaningless. I can;t watch.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

I catch Cyclone alum games in season, but come the playoffs it's time to watch top level BB being played then.