Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Heather and Sean played some of Heinrich's SWARM clips from the Chadsters show yesterday and man he just comes across as such a whiny pompous a$$. Basically Iowa is doing it the right way and their resources are limited. He was also crying about how expensive QB's and portal basketball players have become. LOL Iowa's collective is failing and it's hilarious. Yet they threw a bunch of cash at a non revenue sport which is even funnier.
Of course he doesn’t say why /Iowa state has been killing it in the portal with limited resources.

• Agree
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Of course he doesn’t say why /Iowa state has been killing it in the portal with limited resources.

Exactly. He's the reason that Iowa fans think that the Albaugh family is funding the Iowa State program... You know the the exacts same program that Iowa fans have called poor all of a sudden is flushed with cash to buy players. Such a bunch of turds.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Has anyone asked how much of a cut Brad is taking?

VpjMrZ5T5jZ_xoPhhdB1DE5IURk=.gif

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I think Brad's problem with Swarm is that he should have hired someone experienced in fundraising to run it. Just because he has a successful business of a different kind doesn't mean he can run a collective well. The other problem I think they encountered was it took awhile to get the University on board with backing it.
Brad is just a huge fan with a ton of money and thinks everyone should think like him. He clearly isn't a salesman because your sales pitch should never be to try and shame or guilt the fan base into trying to buy in to something.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
You'll also never hear the leaders of these collectives say we have enough. Regardless of the collective the message is going to be we need more.

Listening to him though, he clearly has concerns on being able to not just cycle, but grow the contributions for the next year. It seems like he outkicked his coverage on the whole deal. But hey, the SWARM is doing it all the right way, just ask him.

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Listening to him though, he clearly has concerns on being able to not just cycle, but grow the contributions for the next year. It seems like he outkicked his coverage on the whole deal. But hey, the SWARM is doing it all the right way, just ask him.
Agreed. There's the typical grousing that a group needs more money, but what the Swarm guy is doing is more than that. Or at least it comes off that way.

HGoat1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Heather and Sean played some of Heinrich's SWARM clips from the Chadsters show yesterday and man he just comes across as such a whiny pompous a$$. Basically Iowa is doing it the right way and their resources are limited. He was also crying about how expensive QB's and portal basketball players have become. LOL Iowa's collective is failing and it's hilarious. Yet they threw a bunch of cash at a non revenue sport which is even funnier.
the prototypical hawkeye fan

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Agreed. There's the typical grousing that a group needs more money, but what the Swarm guy is doing is more than that. Or at least it comes off that way.

I think Brad also grossly underestimated how much work it would take to raise funds. He's flat out said that the wealthier "older" fans aren't buying in like they expected. Sounds like it's been a real struggle.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
If they miss on this Cross guy, what are they going to do? Give schollies out to their 3 walk ons? This is going to get dangerously (but hilariously) bad for Fran if they miss on Cross and Sandfort stays in the draft. I wouldn't expect them to win much more than 12 games total.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
If they miss on this Cross guy, what are they going to do? Give schollies out to their 3 walk ons? This is going to get dangerously (but hilariously) bad for Fran if they miss on Cross and Sandfort stays in the draft. I wouldn't expect them to win much more than 12 games total.

Sandfort is gonna come back and play with his brother

Mr Janny

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Their depth, especially in the back court, is going to be razor thin, unless there's some secret guard they're in on.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Swarm CEO Brad Heinrich's was on the Chadsters Wednesday night KNXO radio show and referenced women's hoops as a revenue generating sport. I'm sorry but if your collective figure head doesn't know which sports operate in the red that seems like a bit of a problem.

Those pods aren't posted on Spotify yet...usually they are uploaded within a couple hours.

Probably because producer Lucas Strain is a whiny pompous entitled arrogant and know it all Hawk fan.

Reactions: Carlisle Clone

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Honestly…. as much as these programs ask of their fans monetarily already…. I’m surprised they get anyone to give to the collective.

Unless I win some lottery, I’ll likely never be able to contribute to the collective…. other than buying some of their beer and pizza.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Yes they will be pretty bad.... but I cannot entirely dogpile on them. It was not all that long ago the ISU won a whopping 2 games.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
2CA88849-55D2-4CB9-A6EB-CF00DC38DD1B.jpeg
Their fanbase has no money left to donate after buying cheap beer, cigarettes and tattoos.