Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Niang is biracial.
Here is Georges and his dad, Sidy Niang, who grew up in Senegal.

35517422_1933479490010086_548018989243039744_n.jpg

Sorry, I guess this pic was already posted. But, in the end, no thread can have too much Georges.

Last edited:

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
Does the NFL ask fans to pay the players salaries, on top of paying for tickets, parking, concessions and merchandise?
Yes, the bolded pays for the salaries. You know that. Once college salaries become a thing, the bolded will have to increase to cover the new expense line that currently doesn't exist.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I thought the "Swarm" collective had the same non-profit designation as "WE WILL" collective. The school should have no say in this. Is that incorrect?
Their NIL is the same as ISU's that allows you take a donation off your taxes, but neither school is accepting a donation to their NIL like it does a donation for perks. You cannot donation your money to the NIL instead of EIU and use that donation instead of giving it to the university to get a better seating preference.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Yes, the bolded pays for the salaries. You know that. Once college salaries become a thing, the bolded will have to increase to cover the new expense line that currently doesn't exist.

The NCAA and universities should be able to pay a base salary to athletes without jacking up prices. Especially if the NCAA pitches in. The athletes don't need to make millions either.

• Haha
Reactions: NWICY and Cyclone06

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Disagree. I'd put money on him going pro. This is a weak draft class and he has a better chance of being drafted higher this year than next.

That would be a joke if he gets drafted. Especially with all of the draft eligible players all over the planet that we don't see in college. It's only two rounds.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Does the NFL ask fans to pay the players salaries, on top of paying for tickets, parking, concessions and merchandise?
Yes, they do. It's disguised as ticket prices, parking fees, concessions, seat licenses, suite sales, etc.

Reactions: Cyclone06

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Their NIL is the same as ISU's that allows you take a donation off your taxes, but neither school is accepting a donation to their NIL like it does a donation for perks. You cannot donation your money to the NIL instead of EIU and use that donation instead of giving it to the university to get a better seating preference.
Correct.

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
If he has a legit shot at making an NBA roster at any point he needs to start playing against other pros ASAP. Another year at Iowa does basically nothing for his development.
In fact, if he would have been on the team that practiced against Clark, he may have learned defense.

Reactions: GMackey32

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
My wife is a professional fundraiser (and Iowa Grad) and I’ve been discussing this with her. She said We Will was really smart hiring Blum, whom she knows and knows he gets it, and how insulting it is when people like Brad think it is just so easy to raise money. It is hard and takes a lot of time and strategic effort. Shaming people ain’t the way to do it.
Especially on an annual basis. One time fundraising is much easier as you can plead that you won't bother them again. NIL is not that situation.

• Agree
Reactions: exCYtable and Kinch

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think Brad also grossly underestimated how much work it would take to raise funds. He's flat out said that the wealthier "older" fans aren't buying in like they expected. Sounds like it's been a real struggle.
I think he forgot the arrogance of the Hawkeye base. They aren’t going to donate to a collective when they can buy the players themselves and can beat their chests that they brought that player to Iowa themselves so others need to acknowledge their elite ability.