Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
Kyle Green made the remark at Cyclone Tailgate Tour in Muscatine for Eastern Iowa Cyclone fans to pack CHA this fall when we play Iowa MBB. Should be plenty of tickets available since the Iowa women aren't playing that night.
We were there,.....pretty much broke all the staff up big time.

Great line.

I asked him afterward how much AJ enjoyed the 5 star life of an NBA season. He was,...."are you kidding me,....he played at UNI,....!!!!"

Reactions: NWICY and MeanDean

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022
I just tried to watch the WNBA game . Couldn't do it. It's still the WNBA. Just too slow and small. Go Pacers.
just turned over to channel 8 and the first story all about clark and her debut and all about the game and some bar had a watch party . listened to some lady say how it was important for the state, country and world to watch clark.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I mean, I was a cement shoe center 40 years ago and mine was 29"
Same.

I'm 52, weight 20 lbs more than I should, haven't played bball in 10 years. And still have 24" vertical. I guess it's easier to maintain if you never had much to begin with lol.

How can anyone at that age with access to professional level training just have zero hops?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Same.

I'm 52, weight 20 lbs more than I should, haven't played bball in 10 years. And still have 24" vertical. I guess it's easier to maintain if you never had much to begin with lol.

How can anyone at that age with access to professional level training just have zero hops?
Just playing that much basketball in your life should translate to better numbers than that. It's astounding.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Would be fine if they didn't but it's year after year. They're certain ______ isn't productive enough, _______ is too skinny, ________ needs to add a jump shot. Fascinating to watch the cycle repeat itself.

There are younger people who get paid to do that, and they still make mistakes year after year. Maybe you just don't like people in their 40's and up?

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
There are younger people who get paid to do that, and they still make mistakes year after year. Maybe you just don't like people in their 40's and up?

I'm not talking about long term draft evaluations. More so individuals making stay or go decisions and the inability to understand the NBA drafts on potential and looks for elite skills to fill specific roles. Could be more of a causal fan fallacy than generational if you are sensitive to the age thing. Of course the draft in all sports, not just basketball, is difficult to predict.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Whoever thought (besides the idiot Iowa Media folks) that ol' "head-in-the"Sandfort was moving up the draft charts should change professions to working at fast food joints. They are so friggen bad!!

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
From the MACC. Fran's previous coaching at Siena is finally paying dividends.

Looks like a solid replacement for both Payton and Patrick.

Last edited: