Travis Ford

4CY4EVR

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 17, 2010
Sounds like its 50-50 whether Travis ford returns to Oklahoma state next year per an article.on Ok News. They need 9.6 million for the buyout. I figured that would.be chump change for T Boone Pickens.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I dont think you spend that much money to get rid of a coach who continues to take you to the NCAA tournament.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
****s sake, name your thread something other than just the person's name.

TurbulentEddie

Nov 16, 2012
Madison, WI
The atmosphere at games in GIA is not great right now. I haven't been here long enough to tell if that's because of Travis Ford or because the athletic department hasn't figured out that ticket prices don't actually reflect the demand. Without looking at the actual attendance numbers, it felt like the @OU game was better attended, and I was able to get seats closer to the floor than @OSU game for half the price. It does seem like Ford is the anti-Hoiberg on the bench, often yelling at his players what to do in the middle of plays, but he's not the only coach out there that does it (I think we all can name at least one more :wink:).

I realize Hoiberg's relationship with ISU and us is so many levels deep, but it doesn't seem like Ford has even 1% of that with OSU and its fanbase. You would think after getting back to the tournament after losing Smart (and after getting Smart to spend an extra year at OSU) and Brown would give Ford the benefit of the doubt, but I'm not hearing it. Maybe they shouldn't have expanded GIA and expected the crowd to be the same, maybe the alumni are overly nostalgic (the opening video this year ended with Big County's half court buzzer beater over Mizzou), maybe it's the Thunder (Stillwater-OKC is not a drive I enjoy taking all that often), I dunno. If Ford is given another year, it will be interesting to see how he does with Forte being the main returning starter. If they still somehow make the tournament and people here are still pushing him, they deserve whatever replacement they get.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
And he's top 20 in coaches salaries without the results. He gone........