Tre King next year?

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I agree they need to play inside out, but that doesn’t mean the post players need to shoot more. I guess that was my point. Pointing out shooting percentages of our post players made me feel like some want the post players to shoot more, but ISU needs their guards to create from the passes out of the post.
When the guards are shooting 20% on a given night, I definitely want other people trying to shoot the ball. Throwing up your hands with the "well the guards are off tonight so we are going to lose" attitude seems rather simplistic and short-sighted. If said guards won't run the ball through the post like they are supposed to, there are spots on the bench from which they can adjust their perspective.

Last edited:
Reactions: stateofmind

cyclo120

Apr 11, 2006
When he is under control utilizing his strength/body he shows potential all big 12 talent. I can’t help but think how much the lack of playing( mind boggling ncaa) has set him back.

AllInForISU

Nov 24, 2012
When the guards are shooting 20% on a given night, I definitely want other people to trying shooting the ball. Throwing up your hands with the "well the guards are off tonight so we are going to lose" attitude seems rather simplistic and short-sighted. If said guards won't run the ball through the post like they are supposed to, there are spots on the bench from which they can adjust their perspective.

Not really. Eli King was the only available guard who didn’t play, and he’s not it. You can win without a post presence. It happened the majority of the season for Iowa State last year and they made the Sweet 16.

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Agree. He’s really struggled the last few games offensively, but I like him. I’m a little unsure if he would want to come back. Just a gut vibe.
He sat out nearly two years to play for us. Next year where he'll have a bigger role, I hightly doubt he wants to leave.

Reactions: NWICY

daniel22

Mar 4, 2011
He needs to learn how to defend without fouling. He will get more touches if he’s actually in the game. His per 40 minute fouls have never been less than 5 and have been more than 6, 3 out of 4 years.
I feel like the entire team outside of Gave fouls too much. Glad we have started going zone more to protect the guys.

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
I feel like the last 2 games Bob has had some very good passes out of the post for 3's
Yeah. Before the recent games, Black Hole Bob would put up a shot and some of these were comical. Now, unless he is deep in the box, he may still make a single move but then would pass out of it.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Today:
King 2-4, Osunniyi 2-4, Jones 2-5, Kunc 4-10: 10/23, 43%
Kalscheur 4-14, Homes 2-16: 6/30, 20%

GC has been off for a number of games now. JH has had a couple of near 50% games recently, but an equal number of recent really bad shooting games. It seems there has to be a better strategy than just letting these two fire away when they aren't hitting. Set some things up for these other guys. 43% isn't rock awesome, but it is way better than 20%.
We shot 27 threes today, and that's just too many for us. 15-20 at most seems to be our sweet spot, unless our shooters are on fire out there. Need to work harder to get the shots we want.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Agree. He’s really struggled the last few games offensively, but I like him. I’m a little unsure if he would want to come back. Just a gut vibe.

Why? Next year could look like this

Lipsey
Williams
Watson
Biliew
King
Grill
Jones
Hamilton
Ward
Momcilovic
Fish
King
Transfer

I don't think everyone of those players will still be here, but they might. That's a damn good team. He would be a big part of it.

Reactions: Marcelason78

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
We shot 27 threes today, and that's just too many for us. 15-20 at most seems to be our sweet spot, unless our shooters are on fire out there. Need to work harder to get the shots we want.
Yeah unless Gabe and Grill are shooting well anything over 15ish is too much. Especially against a team like KSU. They're good but not the best defensive team in the conference

Reactions: Cyclonepride

CycloneWarrior

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 10, 2008
Urbandale,Ia

Lipsey
Williams
Watson
Biliew
King
Grill
Jones
Hamilton
Ward
Momcilovic
Fish
King
Transfer

I don't think everyone of those players will still be here, but they might. That's a damn good team. He would be a big part of it.

If only you could add AJ Green to this lineup…

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
Tre is Demarion's big brother???

Great to have them as Cyclone brothers.
1676783101921.png

1676783165571.png

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Lipsey
Williams
Watson
Biliew
King
Grill
Jones
Hamilton
Ward
Momcilovic
Fish
King
Transfer

TJ has work to do. Center and SF could each use a starter from the portal.