Two reasons the Cyclones lost to KU - the refs and allowing over 100 points

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
I remember Korie saying he should have defended better. Am I wrong or does anybody else think that we need to do a better job of locking down each player, and not just Babb's guy? It seems that we are a step slow on screens sometimes and then other times we lose our defender and they get a clean shot at the basket. Easy for me to say but 108 point is too much.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
I remember Korie saying he should have defended better. Am I wrong or does anybody else think that we need to do a better job of locking down each player, and not just Babb's guy? It seems that we are a step slow on screens sometimes and then other times we lose our defender and they get a clean shot at the basket. Easy for me to say but 108 point is too much.

We only gave up 88. Officials were responsible for other 20.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
If they'd have allowed 100 in regulation, you might have a point. Or if it were any other team than Kansas. It's not like they just randomly gave up a bunch of points to some hack team.

Other than that, ISU's style is not lock down defense. you can't build a team for one thing, then all of a sudden expect another. Iowa State did all they needed to do to win that game on Monday. The refs took that away, nothing else. It was Kansas for goodness sake, it was going to be a close game.

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
attachment.php

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
We only gave up 88. Officials were responsible for other 20.

Well said. It's staggering the leaps in logic people will take as a coping mechanism. The fan base is split into two camps.

1. venting about a fixed game, people who can see the obvious and chose to live with hard truth
2. making up all kinds of bs to rationalize that the game wasn't fixed and KU was somehow the better team in regulation despite scoring less points than ISU

TurbulentEddie

Nov 16, 2012
Madison, WI
Johnson also hit some unbelievable shots. It wasn't like he was wide open, set, and toeing the 3pt line with 20 seconds on the shot clock on his makes. To put it more bluntly, he made a lot of bad shots that I would even have been ****** at McGee for taking.

Help Support Us

Become a patron