Tymar Sutton Did Not Play Against TTU (Corrected)

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Thought I saw where Tymar Sutton played in his first game of the year Saturday and burned his Redshirt with only 2 games left in the season.

Just wondering what led to that decision. Kind of crazy to burn up a year of eligibility with only 2 games left. Someone with info can help me understand better.......if Tymar actually played.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Maybe Campbell was trying to prove a point to recruits about early playing time.

Hey, Tymar- you play yet this year?

No, Coach.

Well get on out there, baby! Boom! Redshirt gone! I'm Matt Campbell & I don't give a ****!

• Funny
Reactions: cyhiphopp and GTO

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Maybe Campbell was trying to prove a point to recruits about early playing time.

Hey, Tymar- you play yet this year?

No, Coach.

Well get on out there, baby! Boom! Redshirt gone! I'm Matt Campbell & I don't give a ****!

It also might be a situation where Tymar wanted to play and had worked his way into the 2-deep. We have seen in the past where players RS and then a year or two later get an injury and then they could use that RS year. Also, we look to be adding in at least 2 and maybe 3 highly regarded LB recruits.

I am pretty confidant that Tymar was consulted about burning his Redshirt. His decision to make.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
If this is true it is completely astonishingly stupid...every kid wants to play..if he did play he will look back at this moment as one of worst decision made about his fball career. Just wow if true.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Yes he did play according to the participation chart...no words to describe that decision..none.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
I feel like they would've said something on the radio if that was true. I only say that because I remember when the TV announcers said Foster was playing when he was never actually was.

plus sites like ESPN don't even have stats for him in any games. I don't know how much long it takes for them to update stats though.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Chris can you clear this up? I have doubts, but the Cubs won the World Series so anything is possible lol.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Need to find out if this is actually true? If so, it's beyond stupid.

Unless the coaches leave it entirely up to the kid, but I would really hope they explain to them the ramifications of playing in just the last 2 meaningless games and burning an entire year.

• Dislike
Reactions: isutrevman

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Relax the participation chart is often wrong the day after the game
this, iirc the SJSU game participation chart had Foster playing. Which he never did. My guess is the people in charge of these may sit in the press box and it could be hard for them to read all the numbers. It probably was a walk on in and they miss read 42 as 43. 42 is a walk on lb.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

nhclone

Nov 20, 2008
He didn't play. (random unrelated thoughts to follow) Spears did play some, he still looks a little on the skinny side for a LB. Sutton looks more the part other than his height.

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
Kind of like the Troy David playing the final game of his redshirt season?

He played more than just that game. It was Sage that had his redshirt burned in the last game. It may have even just been for one play.