Tyrese Hunter Enters Portal Again

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
If Tyrese wants any shot at a pro basketball career, he should go to a MWC, WCC (GZ,STM,OSU,WSU), or A-10 school and go try to average 20/5/5 while shooting a high % from 3...
There were only 35 guys in the country that averaged 20 PPG and Tyrese isn't skilled enough to be one of them unless he's at a true low major.

I understand why he did what he did and I hope he gets another check this year but the kid's ceiling is a decent level of Euroball.

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006
Would be a cool redemption story if we had room for him but didn’t his handlers torch all his bridges on his way out of Ames?

ghyland7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2012
The people saying he could only excel at a mid-major are crazy.

He's a great talent and MANY P5 teams will and should want him.

He was freshman of the year for us, and had some GREAT games in the tournament.

Texas is a dumpster fire of mismanagement, and he was always a little bit of an offensive project.. it's not that surprising that he didn't do as well there.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
The people saying he could only excel at a mid-major are crazy.

He's a great talent and MANY P5 teams will and should want him.

He was freshman of the year for us, and had some GREAT games in the tournament.

Texas is a dumpster fire of mismanagement, and he was always a little bit of an offensive project.. it's not that surprising that he didn't do as well there.
I don't known if I would call him great. He's definitely a high major starter for someone and he'll probably get a decent NIL offer, but his size is a big problem for him with his limited offensive skills.