UNL AD mentions interest in future games vs. ISU

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'd love to see Missouri, Nebraska and Colorado regularly in football and MBB schedules. I was never pleased with their business decisions, but I hate giving up what makes college sports fun - good old fashioned hatred.
Talk to me after the GOR is up...

• Agree
Reactions: CyInDFW

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
We scrimmage NU in basketball, KU scrimmaged Missouri for charity, we played Colorado at the Pentagon, we played at Missouri, we played A&M in the SEC challenge.
Seems like bygones have become bygones in basketball but not football yet.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'd love to see Missouri, Nebraska and Colorado regularly in football and MBB schedules. I was never pleased with their business decisions, but I hate giving up what makes college sports fun - good old fashioned hatred.

Embrace the hatred. Lock out Nebby. Screw them forever.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
We scrimmage NU in basketball, KU scrimmaged Missouri for charity, we played Colorado at the Pentagon, we played at Missouri, we played A&M in the SEC challenge.
Seems like bygones have become bygones in basketball but not football yet.

True, I forgot that Nebraska has a basketball team...

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
I wouldnt mind scheduling nebraska on the alternate schedule to Iowa if the big 12 went to 8.

The big 12 needs inventory though. Maybe it could get this through enough agreements to play p5 games in exchange for dropping a conference game?
But then we would, of course, somehow end up dropping the Kansas game...

ISU85

Jun 3, 2015
I don't see much difference between MAC teams and low-level Big 10 teams. I would definitely prefer playing Nebraska (or Illinois or Minnesota) to playing Akron. The degree of difficulty doesn't change much but we get a lot more credibility beating a Big 10 team.

• Agree
Reactions: Clonefan93

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
What? No. That's the exact opposite of what I typed. You play the ones you hate, that's what makes it so damn fun.

I'm so tired of the jilted lover routine. I get it, they left the B12 years ago, it's time to get over it.

So, you cool with ending up in the AAC?

Because if we do it'll be a direct result of Nebraska's b*tchassedness.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
So, you cool with ending up in the AAC?

Because if we do it'll be a direct result of Nebraska's b*tchassedness.

No, it would be a direct result of poor planning and business decisions by ISU. Nebraska is accountable for Nebraska, ISU is accountable for ISU.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
No, it would be a direct result of poor planning and business decisions by ISU. Nebraska is accountable for Nebraska, ISU is accountable for ISU.
You should go be a ****ing Nebraska fan then.

Because KU, KSU and (most) ISU fans know this is bull****.

MnBrPg

Dec 15, 2015
Kansas City
You should go be a ****ing Nebraska fan then.

Because KU, KSU and (most) ISU fans know this is bull****.

C'mon man, chill out. Half the conference (that we know of) shopped around. Hell, Missouri tried to leave first when they were knocking on Delaney's door to get into the Big Ten. The B12 looked like it legitimately might die. It wasn't unlikely Nebraska wouldn't have found themselves in a similar scenario than the one we were all scared of for ISU if it did die. I don't like that the conference fell apart, but I can curb my enthusiasm long enough to realize each University did what was best (at the time) for their school.

You need to grow up, dude.

• Agree
Reactions: Clonefan93

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
C'mon man, chill out. Half the conference (that we know of) shopped around. Hell, Missouri tried to leave first when they were knocking on Delaney's door to get into the Big Ten. The B12 looked like it legitimately might die. It wasn't unlikely Nebraska wouldn't have found themselves in a similar scenario than the one we were all scared of for ISU if it did die. I don't like that the conference fell apart, but I can curb my enthusiasm long enough to realize each University did what was best (at the time) for their school.

You need to grow up, dude.
Do you really think Nebraska's situation and ISU's situation were even remotely similar at the time?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
http://www.omaha.com/huskers/plus/m...cle_2d91e20c-ef23-5431-aa50-4f9cf5259ff3.html

You may need to subscribe to see this but the gist is, Huskers would pack stadiums in Ames, Manhattan and Lawrence like they did in the 90's....and that none of the local programs are on their level so they would have nothing to gain nationally. They do add that they would be willing to play us in bball. How gracious of them.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
If I had a time machine, and only 1 chance to use it... Better than 50/50 chance I go back to the last game vs Nebraska and tell the punter to put just a little more air under that 2 point conversion pass.

NO interest in playing NU or helping them in any way. Not unless they are paying us for a home and home or something like that where they have to grovel... and even then, probably not supportive unless Big12 expands and goes to 8 conference games.
As I recall putting air under the ball was the problem. They had the outside contain fooled and all he had to do was zip the ball to the receiver but he lofted one into a head wind which gave the defender time to recover and break up the pass.