UT coach Steve Sarkisian - "we're in the Big 12"

ARCYCLONE

Nov 16, 2020
Arkansas
What a joke of a coach and a terribly written article. I'm not sure if this was satire or actually trying to lend some legitimacy to UT going to the SEC. My prediction: he won't be the coach of Texas by the time the join the SEC. And good riddance to them. The national media will do anything to hype perceived blue blood programs/coaches and totally miss the good stories. So glad we have CMC instead of this loser.

Some interesting quotes from SS and the article:
Article quote: "Sarkisian noted the SEC's success in last week's NFL draft"; but didn't address that Texas had zero (0) players drafted, only second time since 1938 - ouch!
Sarkisian quote: "we need to know the direction of where the conference is going right now" - really??? where was that when you were negotiating with the SEC?
Sarkisian quote: "we're in the Big 12" but then talks about what it's going to take to compete in the SEC. My question: How have you competed in the Big 12 so far? (see next quote)
Article quote: "Other than the team's 5-7 record in 2021, Sarkisian has viewed his time at Texas as positive" Wow! how about we talk about them losing 6 of the last 7 games to miss out on bowl eligibility?
Last Sarkisian quote: "I felt like everybody is moving in a positive direction". Pretty sure there's a bus video that disputes this.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
What a joke of a coach and a terribly written article. I'm not sure if this was satire or actually trying to lend some legitimacy to UT going to the SEC. My prediction: he won't be the coach of Texas by the time the join the SEC. And good riddance to them. The national media will do anything to hype perceived blue blood programs/coaches and totally miss the good stories. So glad we have CMC instead of this loser.

Some interesting quotes from SS and the article:
Article quote: "Sarkisian noted the SEC's success in last week's NFL draft"; but didn't address that Texas had zero (0) players drafted, only second time since 1938 - ouch!
Sarkisian quote: "we need to know the direction of where the conference is going right now" - really??? where was that when you were negotiating with the SEC?
Sarkisian quote: "we're in the Big 12" but then talks about what it's going to take to compete in the SEC. My question: How have you competed in the Big 12 so far? (see next quote)
Article quote: "Other than the team's 5-7 record in 2021, Sarkisian has viewed his time at Texas as positive" Wow! how about we talk about them losing 6 of the last 7 games to miss out on bowl eligibility?
Last Sarkisian quote: "I felt like everybody is moving in a positive direction". Pretty sure there's a bus video that disputes this.

Most of his players are Herman recruited though.

They have a top to bottom culture crisis. Not a culture problem but a crisis. UNI is getting one player drafted every year..

I'm sure the team loves how the running back there drives a Lambo. Which is a car worth the median US home price.

Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

ARCYCLONE

Nov 16, 2020
Arkansas

They have a top to bottom culture crisis. Not a culture problem but a crisis. UNI is getting one player drafted every year..

I'm sure the team loves how the running back there drives a Lambo. Which is a car worth the median US home price.
That's true, but how they finished the year is pretty telling to me. Still don't think he coaches Texas in an SEC game.

Reactions: Hyfycy53

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I love how everyone associated with the fighting uteruses assumes that everything will automatically turn around and they'll return to top dog as soon as they're out of the Big 12 and in the SEC.

I don't think there's a more delusional fanbase.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

I highly doubt Sark can fix it but this is still a Herman issue as far as culture. I just don’t think Sark can fix it. Rarely does a coach fix a culture if he does t do it in the first year. Harbaugh somehow did it but it involves nuking his entire staff which I just don’t think coaches are willing to do.

Reactions: cyclone1209

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I highly doubt Sark can fix it but this is still a Herman issue as far as culture. I just don’t think Sark can fix it. Rarely does a coach fix a culture if he does t do it in the first year. Harbaugh somehow did it but it involves nuking his entire staff which I just don’t think coaches are willing to do.
Is this a herman holdover issue?
1651713132120.jpeg

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Thsy program desperately needs a straight laced coach.
Someone like Kyle Wittingham, Luke Fickell, Chris Peterson type of guy.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Thsy program desperately needs a straight laced coach.
Someone like Kyle Wittingham, Luke Fickell, Chris Peterson type of guy.
I don’t think that’s enough. It’s such a flaming dog turd that thinks it’s an Olympic torch.

• Haha
Reactions: TXCyclones

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Like Charlie Strong? That program couldn't possibly be any more the opposite of straight laced. It's going to take more than just a football coach to clean it up. I think the boosters are going to have their noses even deeper into the program now that they no longer have to hide the way they are paying players to go there.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Somebody NILd Bijan a Lambo? Sweet.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Funny how Texas always throws shade on the Big12, but weren't they suppose to be the big dog for conference recognition. The conference's problem has been it's largest and highest profile school sucks!