WATCH: Tom Herman's pre-ISU press conference

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
I can't believe not one single reporter in the Herman press conference didn't ask him about this stuff! If it was at ISU, CMC would of had Randy and Tommy up his @$$ from the first question!

Why would anyone disagree with this? Of course Randy and Tommy would.

Dan McCarney had a charge of domestic abuse against him in 1994 as an assistant for Wisconsin. There was NOTHING in the news about that at the time. Randy reported on it in March of 1995 after he was hired at ISU. This cause a ISU to renegotiate McCarney's contract which resulted in him being paid less.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
If you really listen to Herman clearly he is not impressed with our defense. He uses the words "on paper" and "statistically" best defense.

That's because he mimicked ISU's defensive strategy against WV and got his butt kicked. He probably figured since his team couldn't duplicate ISU's effort against WV with the amazing talent he has on his team, it is not a good defense

• Winner
Reactions: TykeClone

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I can't believe not one single reporter in the Herman press conference didn't ask him about this stuff! If it was at ISU, CMC would of had Randy and Tommy up his @$$ from the first question!

That's because it's Texas. They probably told the reporters that he would not comment on the matter and not to ask, so they didn't because they want to keep reporting on Texas football.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
That's because it's Texas. They probably told the reporters that he would not comment on the matter and not to ask, so they didn't because they want to keep reporting on Texas football.

You don't think we do the exact same thing? How many Zeb questions were asked and answered? Lard questions? ANY tough player questions?

I don't look to local media covering ISU athletics as "journalists" - no offense to anyone - and I'm happy with that. I want my local Cyclone coverage to be on the "homer" side and value the inside tidbits folks like CW aka " Stamina Man" can get by fostering those relationships...

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Dave Barto was on Fanatics today and absolutely thinks Campbell is a better coach than Herman. He also said that statistically we are a far better team, but Texas has managed to win all of their close games.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
That's because he mimicked ISU's defensive strategy against WV and got his butt kicked. He probably figured since his team couldn't duplicate ISU's effort against WV with the amazing talent he has on his team, it is not a good defense

Three things that are hilarious about that presser...

1. I LOL'd when I heard him list the Longhorn injuries. I got the sudden urge to yell, "Yancied" after he covered each injury.
  2. Listening to him whine about injuries as a reason the defense has sucked the last few games. Meanwhile, iSu loses players and just plugs the next guy in. Apparently iSu is deeper than Texas.
  3. His need to point out that they are guaranteed the best record over the last five years...It's funny because last year they were 7-6 and they only have 7 wins this year. Now...they most definitely should beat Kansas but why would you pump up a 7 win season at Texas?

• Winner
Reactions: Cyrocks

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
You don't think we do the exact same thing? How many Zeb questions were asked and answered? Lard questions? ANY tough player questions?

I don't look to local media covering ISU athletics as "journalists" - no offense to anyone - and I'm happy with that. I want my local Cyclone coverage to be on the "homer" side and value the inside tidbits folks like CW aka " Stamina Man" can get by fostering those relationships...

There were statements and questions about Zeb and Lard. They were asked and answered.

That's not really comparable to scandalous questions like Zach Smith. I can understand why they wouldn't want to ask about a twitter tirade, and I can also understand if there would be repercussions from asking that kind of question with the Texas media.