Watson status

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
No idea on status, but, Watson is way better than Omaha right now. I love Omaha getting minutes, but they need Watson in there next week. Sit Watson tomorrow and get Omaha more experience.

Completely agree with this. Omaha has looked serviceable. Loses his assignment too often, but he’s physically ready to play. Give him the shot today, it’ll only help for next year to get that experience.

Reactions: 1100011CS

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Completely agree with this. Omaha has looked serviceable. Loses his assignment too often, but he’s physically ready to play. Give him the shot today, it’ll only help for next year to get that experience.
Omaha has been better in positioning himself on D. Not perfect and Houston will abuse him at least once if he doesn't clean it up. But, he has been on the correct side of the court tracking the right guy and I don't think he has screwed up any switches as far as I've seen. I don't think Houston will respect him on the O end either. It would be interesting if he has a single one dribble dunk opportunity he could take, that would make it easier on everyone else when he is in.

Question is, does he have the violence necessary to do that against Houston? There are no gimmies with those guys.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Omaha has been better in positioning himself on D. Not perfect and Houston will abuse him at least once if he doesn't clean it up. But, he has been on the correct side of the court tracking the right guy and I don't think he has screwed up any switches as far as I've seen. I don't think Houston will respect him on the O end either. It would be interesting if he has a single one dribble dunk opportunity he could take, that would make it easier on everyone else when he is in.

Question is, does he have the violence necessary to do that against Houston? There are no gimmies with those guys.

I’m not really expecting anything from him, especially against Houston. But these minutes will be important in his development so he can contribute next year.

• Agree
Reactions: Ankency

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
I’m not really expecting anything from him, especially against Houston. But these minutes will be important in his development so he can contribute next year.
Yes. Good point. And agreed.

Him being in there has been a net positive for the team and results so far. I just was thinking if he could make the other team think a little harder how cool that would be.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Maybe, maybe not. Still, we see football players play 6-7 days after a concussion sometimes, why wouldn't Watson be ready to go next week after nearly 2 weeks of recovery?

Everybody is different. Their recovery times vary. He was smiling a lot last night. Hopefully that's a good sign for next week.

HopalongAtc

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 22, 2015
It was said on Thursday night it looked like the bright lights were still bothering him when he came out into the arena but last night they didn’t and went through some warm-ups.