WBB: At #23 Sooners 6:00 - Bally Sports Channel(s) - Game Thread

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
What is Bally Sports and what happened to ESPN plus? I'm old and don't like change.

Bally bought up the FSN regionals. Same channel, different brand.

OU and UT aren't tied to ESPN+ like the rest of the conference.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I wondered why that was listed as the TV outlet? Thanks for putting that out there...so no chance for anyone to watch this unless they have that specific Bally's channel (assume it is an Oklahoma regional network?)?

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne

I'll be so glad when they're gone. Hope SEC network gets along with them. Also hope BYU is open to a conference TV deal.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I wondered why that was listed as the TV outlet? Thanks for putting that out there...so no chance for anyone to watch this unless they have that specific Bally's channel (assume it is an Oklahoma regional network?)?

Look where your FSN channels used to be in your guide (e.g., 670s DTV, 830s Mediacom, etc.)

Reactions: cyfanatic

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Since OP half-assed the game day thread...

The Matchup: No. 12 Iowa State (12-1, 1-0 Big 12) vs. No. 23 Oklahoma (12-1, 1-0 Big 12)
Where: Norman, Okla. - Lloyd Noble Center
When: Wednesday, Jan. 5, 6 p.m.
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Varsity Radio App
Talent: Noah Wolf (PxP), Jamie Steyer Johnson (Analyst)

TV: Bally Sports (Affiliates Scheduled to Show Game: MSG Plus, MASN2, Bally Sports South, Bally Sports Sun, Bally Sports Ohio, Bally Sports Cincinnati, Marquee Sports Network, Bally Sports North Plus, Bally Sports Southwest Plus, Bally Sports Arizona, Bally Sports SoCal, Bally Sports San Diego)
Talent: Chad McKee (PxP), Dan Hughes (Analyst)

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Hasn't taken OU long to develop under Jennie. Would expect the in your face Drake type of play that we were used to seeing in the past, only with better athletes. I'm sure they will take a bunch of 3's too.

• Agree
Reactions: BenEClone

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
The write up for the game @ cyclones.com has a Bally Sports link for the game.
I think the stream won't work unless you have a cable (or streaming cable) subscription that includes the channel. I logged in using my YouTube TV access, and when I click the watch button at the top of the Bally page I get "We're sorry. There is no channel stream available for you at the moment." probably because I don't have any Bally channels in my subscription.

Reactions: BenEClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
What is Bally Sports and what happened to ESPN plus? I'm old and don't like change.

Bally bought the Fox regionals like Fox Sports North, Midwest, Southwest etc. The Sooner game is only on Bally Oklahoma which was the old Fox Sports Oklahoma (or SW maybe).

I checked to see if by chance the Bally Sports North was picking it up and lucked out! It's Timberwolves on the main Bally North but the Bally North alt channel has our game.

So, check out your Bally Midwest or North channel if you have it.

Reactions: VeloClone

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I found on Marquee Sports Network or 1 that does the Cubs games.

I too found the ISU vs OU game listed on the Marquee Sports Network. That is good because the Pacers are on Bally sports tonight in my area.

Reactions: GT25Ump

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Since OP half-assed the game day thread...

The Matchup: No. 12 Iowa State (12-1, 1-0 Big 12) vs. No. 23 Oklahoma (12-1, 1-0 Big 12)
Where: Norman, Okla. - Lloyd Noble Center
When: Wednesday, Jan. 5, 6 p.m.
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Varsity Radio App
Talent: Noah Wolf (PxP), Jamie Steyer Johnson (Analyst)

TV: Bally Sports (Affiliates Scheduled to Show Game: MSG Plus, MASN2, Bally Sports South, Bally Sports Sun, Bally Sports Ohio, Bally Sports Cincinnati, Marquee Sports Network, Bally Sports North Plus, Bally Sports Southwest Plus, Bally Sports Arizona, Bally Sports SoCal, Bally Sports San Diego)
Talent: Chad McKee (PxP), Dan Hughes (Analyst)

I used the last link and can get to a channel on my phone, but my only choices are professional sports.
Although, it might be because it’s not yet 6 pm. Same link as on cyclones.com