WBB: General All-NCAA Thread - Not Team Cyclones Stuff

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
2025 class is where all the real top tier talent is coming in is what I have been told by the howk wbb fans I know. Not great news hope Frau Bluder can get the least out of them.
The turnover in starters from this season to next could be the best thing for them. I would expect anyone who played beside CC for 2+ years would need to adjust their game quite a bit with a new PG and new offensive system that doesn't have one player taking a large portion of the shots.

With only two key players returning, I suspect that won't be as much of an issue as I would have thought.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Problem for Iowa is with additions to conference Big 10 is much more than the 4 maybe 5 good teams the conference has been lately.

Three4Cy

Jan 19, 2010
West Des Moines
The turnover in starters from this season to next could be the best thing for them. I would expect anyone who played beside CC for 2+ years would need to adjust their game quite a bit with a new PG and new offensive system that doesn't have one player taking a large portion of the shots.

With only two key players returning, I suspect that won't be as much of an issue as I would have thought.

I agree; their returners must adjust because CC was their go-to when they needed a basket. The other players passed up shots and didn't have as much pressure on them to score in big numbers. Now, who becomes the go-to when they need a basket, and how well does that person(s) handle the pressure of being expected to score in clutch situations? You saw it in the championship game when CC crossed the half-court line and launched logo 3s instead of involving her teammates.

As for their next two classes, while it is great to sign lots of 4 & 5-star players, they have different expectations of how much they should be playing and want to be the star. It will be interesting to see if Bluder can keep them all happy and together. She has been fortunate that Czinano, Martin, and Marshall were all happy not needing the spotlight.

• Agree
Reactions: throwittoblythe

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
TCU adding another one-year player. Played two years with Sedona Prince at Oregon so Prince may have put in a word about playing at TCU.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The head coach at TCU was at Oregon and recruited both of them to there so he had a previous relationship with both of them.

Thanks. I knew that but failed to put that obvious connection together! Me doing a Homer Simpson "Duh!" to myself.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Need to, they still have a very short roster. Still, if they could recruit some depth and stay healthy, they could be decent. And hopefully we get to see Crooks versus Prince.
What little I saw of Prince this past season didn’t impress me. But TCU in general looked very out of sync on both ends of the court.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
What little I saw of Prince this past season didn’t impress me. But TCU in general looked very out of sync on both ends of the court.
That can be a big issue when your team is a bunch of transfers who all played last year in different systems. It takes time for players to get used to each other and constant changes in players is a problem.

Reactions: geewago

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
That can be a big issue when your team is a bunch of transfers who all played last year in different systems. It takes time for players to get used to each other and constant changes in players is a problem.
And hence one of the big issues of depending on the portal.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Some Big 12 news, ASU got a post. Maybe not a good one, shoots only 40% from the paint. Was a top 100 ESPN out of HS though.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY