We need something else to get our minds off last night

clonesorelse

Jan 22, 2011
Ok. So I can forget the $hit$how I lost sleep over....any guesses on ISU's football opponents before the schedule is released later today?

We already know TCU is on the list. Anyone want to take a stab at guessing the other 8 teams? Or maybe the 4 we don't play? I wouldn't mind missing both OU and Texas. F-them anyway.

Reactions: CyNews

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
I’d imagine BYU is on there somewhere since it seems like the conference wants to force that game as a “rivalry”. Would hope the let the old Big 8 schools play each other every year

Reactions: CyNews

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
TCU is playing 2 new schools- idk if thats a sign to come or not.

alenz95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 16, 2015
Bettendorf/ Ames
I’d imagine BYU is on there somewhere since it seems like the conference wants to force that game as a “rivalry”. Would hope the let the old Big 8 schools play each other every year

I hate that this is a thing. I wish our protected rival was K-State, but they will clearly get paired with Kansas. Since we cant have them why not pair use with someone like OSU (a fellow Big-8 school) or WVU/Tech (teams we seem to have fun rivalries with). I just cant think of anything dumber than pairing the Morman school with the school known for drinking host locations out of beer.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA

I really hope this doesnt happen. Makes no sense besides 'well these 2 have nowhere to go, so pair them up!'

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Jefferson Adam commitment was good news.

I highly doubt the schedule makers will tear us away from the Kansas schools. I'd bet BYU will be tied to the other religious schools and we'll be seeing a lot of Cincinnati & West Virginia.

• Agree
Reactions: Die4Cy

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
It'd be nice if each school had multiple protected matchups every year, not just one. In a 12 school league with 9 conf games you have 2 teams you can't play in a given year, in 14 school conference, 4 teams can't be played. All that to say they should be able to protect multiple matchups each year. How many and who is the question. My vote would be 3 which included, KU/KSU/OSU.

Reactions: CYCLNST8

alenz95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 16, 2015
Bettendorf/ Ames
I'm already convinced BYU and UCF are largely going to be pricks.

I still wish we could have found someone different than UCF. I can easily see a scenario where they end up as a doormat in both basketball and football within the next few years. Everyone else at least fits some form of loose geographic footprint or adds a lot to both football and basketball.

• Agree
Reactions: TXCyclones

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
We need a JLH photo in this thread.
I got you.

WeYrRuB.gif

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I'm already convinced BYU and UCF are largely going to be pricks.
I have a son with a grad degree from UCF. I never got the impression the fans were too passionate. Certainly nothing like BYU. Students could go to games for free and they really never had a problem getting into a not particularly large stadium with an enormous student body. Even the War on I-4, wasn’t like son had any trouble getting in. Maybe they have too many other things to do. Away game there in November might be a good thing, towards the end of hurricane season.

Reactions: NWICY

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I still wish we could have found someone different than UCF. I can easily see a scenario where they end up as a doormat in both basketball and football within the next few years. Everyone else at least fits some form of loose geographic footprint or adds a lot to both football and basketball.

Agree with you on the geographic/cultural misfit. I would have preferred Colorado State/Memphis. Doormat however? I wouldn't be shocked if they become a conference juggernaut in football. Orlando is swimming in blue chip talent. You don't win Fiesta & Peach Bowl trophies by accident. They were added purely for their football pedigree. Houston also has a high ceiling. Both of those bloated community colleges have an opportunity to be akin to the Miami of the Big East. We're gonna need some football powerhouses going forward.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Agree with you on the geographic/cultural misfit. I would have preferred Colorado State/Memphis. Doormat however? I wouldn't be shocked if they become a conference juggernaut in football. Orlando is swimming in blue chip talent. You don't win Fiesta & Peach Bowl trophies by accident. They were added purely for their football pedigree. Houston also has a high ceiling. Both of those bloated community colleges have an opportunity to be akin to the Miami of the Big East. We're gonna need some football powerhouses going forward.
UCF isn’t terrible in basketball. They played Houston a bit tighter on the road, beat OK St, lost to MO by 2. More fun when Tacko Fall was there.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I just hope that Texas has to play at Houston. Apparently there is bad blood between the schools for something that happened when they last played at UH.

Think of the television ratings. It's a matchup everyone wants to see. I don't know how you can pass on that. Texas would need a boatload of money to get out of that game. Maybe that was the delay.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
If you want to cleanse your mouth after last night it will require gargling with Jose Quervo. Multiple times. Then rinse with cheap gin.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron