We Will Pizza!

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Besides Ames Lager and We Will Pizza, are there any other products that the proceeds go to the collective?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Where do you actually buy these pizzas? Haven't seen any in my part of the state
Des Moines metro and Ames
Blum said it wasn't legal for them to piggyback on the tailgate tour and sell them all over the state. That is a shame IMO.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Des Moines metro and Ames
Blum said it wasn't legal for them to piggyback on the tailgate tour and sell them all over the state. That is a shame IMO.
Crazy to even think something like that isn’t legal…..

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
Crazy to even think something like that isn’t legal…..
Illegal isn’t the right term. Iowa State’s multi media rights holder requires an investment in order to be a part of the official school functions. We have to make sure it’s worth the cost. On that front, would you all purchase personal We Will pizzas if in Jack Trice this Fall?

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Is pizza distribution regulated like beer through a third party? What is illegal about selling pizzas?
The way I understood it was since we will is not associated with the AD they couldn't go along? @brentblum ?
I would have thought they would have been able to sell in the parking lot. I'll admit my original suggestion was selling we will pizza at the stops that didn't sell food. Oh well the tailgate tour is still fun, I was just thinking of a way to get some extra dollars to WeWill to people who usually aren't exposed to it. CF is way more connected to ISU athletics than 95% of the fan base.

Reactions: Cycsk and brentblum

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Illegal isn’t the right term. Iowa State’s multi media rights holder requires an investment in order to be a part of the official school functions. We have to make sure it’s worth the cost. On that front, would you all purchase personal We Will pizzas if in Jack Trice this Fall?

What is the price point? Would it be the same as the ones currently in Trice? What flavors? Cheese,pepperoni, sausage or hamburger?
I personally don't buy much inside the stadium so I'm probably not the target demographic.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Absolutely would buy them

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
Definitely.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

AlCyJim

Aug 11, 2022
yes at least one per game or more

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

JK4ISU

Dec 5, 2022
Ames
I’d be more likely to buy them in Hilton. The concession options there are terrible.

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
What is the price point? Would it be the same as the ones currently in Trice? What flavors? Cheese,pepperoni, sausage or hamburger?
I personally don't buy much inside the stadium so I'm

Absolutely would buy them
Awesome. Here’s the issue. Honest opinion please. We can sell them to Iowa States concession folks for about $3.50 after pizza, packaging, shipping, etc. Iowa State’s concession vendor wants to charge $13-14! for a personal size pizza. Would that reflect poorly on We Will or understandable that we can’t control end cost?

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Awesome. Here’s the issue. Honest opinion please. We can sell them to Iowa States concession folks for about $3.50 after pizza, packaging, shipping, etc. Iowa State’s concession vendor wants to charge $13-14! for a personal size pizza. Would that reflect poorly on We Will or understandable that we can’t control end cost?

The general public will only see the WW brand and the price tag, and draw a conclusion from just that.

It does make me curious if the 3rd-party vendors inside the stadium (like Carlos Quesadillas) have to give Levy a cut of what's sold directly from their own truck/stand.

fcclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 15, 2009
That’s a crazy markup. We should sell them in the RV lots for that price and throw in a free Ames Lager.