We Will Pizza!

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Awesome. Here’s the issue. Honest opinion please. We can sell them to Iowa States concession folks for about $3.50 after pizza, packaging, shipping, etc. Iowa State’s concession vendor wants to charge $13-14! for a personal size pizza. Would that reflect poorly on We Will or understandable that we can’t control end cost?

Isn't a walking taco now something like $12?!? And they aren't exactly filling it up. So value-wise $13-14 for a pizza would be right in line. Could you have signage saying something like $x per pizza will go to support We Will?

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
Awesome. Here’s the issue. Honest opinion please. We can sell them to Iowa States concession folks for about $3.50 after pizza, packaging, shipping, etc. Iowa State’s concession vendor wants to charge $13-14! for a personal size pizza. Would that reflect poorly on We Will or understandable that we can’t control end cost?
Don’t think this sounds awful for a concession at a game, drunk me would definitely buy one. A tent slinging slices in the tailgate lots would be awesome too

Reactions: MJ29 and brentblum

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
This honestly doesn't seem that bad. Especially when you consider part of it is getting donated. Higher quality than a lot of concession food too.

Reactions: brentblum

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Seems about par for the course from Levy at Jack Trice/Hilton. I think it is expensive, but there always seem to be lines of people wanting to buy things at the concession stands.

Hope you could get a stand alone spot on the inside of the Jack Trice concourse, not just get added to the menu at the main spots.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Sell we will beer throughout the stadium with we will pizza. That would help NIL, so many other universities sell beer that isn’t just in an end zone. Sell the beer n pizza and they will come/dollars for NIL. We like beer n pizza.

I hope someone on the tailgate tour stops are asking Jamie these very questions. The A.D., WW, everybody wants the fans to pony up more give us a benefit. WW is doing this by giving us products to purchase, the nice thing is WW has done a great job, of finding quality products and partnering with them. Ames Lager and WW pizza are winning products and I'm glad to be able to purchase them and support the collective.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Sell we will beer throughout the stadium with we will pizza. That would help NIL, so many other universities sell beer that isn’t just in an end zone. Sell the beer n pizza and they will come/dollars for NIL. We like beer n pizza.
It’s such a no brainer to do that.

aauummm

June is National Camping Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
How about selling both the We Will Pizza and the Ames Lager in RV Village? Set up Friday at noon and sell until Sunday morning. That would give all of the out of town RVers a chance to buy both for take home, in addition to all of the sales for on site consumption, tailgating, etc. Huge sales opportunity.

Give each camper a product brochure as they enter the Village that would have prices etc., explain the concept behind We Will and the location of the We Will sales tents.

How about partnering with the Entrepreneurship Program at the Business College to set up, promote and run the RV Village sales operation as a class project?

https://www.ivybusiness.iastate.edu/academics/undergraduate-programs/entrepreneurship/

Last edited:
Reactions: NWICY and State2015

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
How about selling both the We Will Pizza and the Ames Lager in RV Village? Set up Friday at noon and sell until Sunday morning. That would give all of the out of town RVers a chance to buy both, in addition to all of the sales for on site consumption, tailgating, etc. Huge sales opportunity.

Give each camper a product brochure as they enter the Village that would have prices etc., explain the concept behind We Will and the location of the We Will sales tents.

How about partnering with the Entrepreneurship Program at the Business College to set up, promote and run the RV Village sales operation as a class project?

https://www.ivybusiness.iastate.edu/academics/undergraduate-programs/entrepreneurship/

Or maybe I just do it from my tailgate in the RV Village. Not serious because I don't want to be a vendor or be distracted from our regular tailgating. But there is a distinct chance that we will be serving We Will Pizzas at a late season tailgate.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
It’s such a no brainer to do that.
I disagree. Drink your beers before the game. Get right to drive home during the game. If you want beer in the stadium, a couple hundred more dollars gets you in the beer club.

As someone who has been over done in the stadium on multiple occasions who now has kids at the games with more frequency... more beer during the game, no thanks, WE do not need it.

Im guessing if sold, there would be 30,000 more beers sold per game, roughly $360,000 per game x 7 = $2.5M, less costs of product, insurance, and additional staff, were talking $1M more per year to the AD. Maybe? NO THANKS!

aauummm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Altoona Hy-Vee:

We Will Pizzas $8.99;

We Will Gluten Free Pizzas $10.99 (I got the Breakfast Pizza finally);

Ames Lager $12.99 (SOLD OUT, I bought the last one)

I reminded the manager that the Ames Lager was sold out and requested that they restock. They said "Oh yeah, we will."

Cyfan1965

Nov 9, 2016
Iowa
Altoona Hy-Vee:

We Will Pizzas $8.99;

I reminded the manager that the Ames Lager was sold out and requested that they restock. They said "Oh yeah, we will."
I have been saving a GF breakfast pizza because I only got one of them out of the 10 I bought at Altoona Hy Vee. I had a GF meat lovers last night I like it better than GF Poppy Murphys Cowboy that costs 16$. Gotta make another run soon. Pizza fat Pizza happy!

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Altoona Hy-Vee:

We Will Pizzas $8.99;

No We Will beef jerky?

• Haha
Reactions: aauummm

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Stopped at Valley West HyVee last night to pick something up on my way by and didn’t see the We Will Pizzas. Had gotten some there previously but looked on the end caps and pizza aisle.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Now that's an idea. We'll have to run that past Blum.
It's a real thing! I guess it's not out yet though.

• Agree
Reactions: brentblum and NWICY

aauummm

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
It's a real thing! I guess it's not out yet though.

I guess I missed that one! Didn't know anything about it. Next we'll have We Will used cars!:D

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY