West O, Blum, and banning exile brewery from your thoughts

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I like Kum & Go better than the others. Casey's are dirty and manned by meth heads. At Kwik Star I feel like the cashier is going to jump the counter and hug me when they greet me. Tone it down Betty...and no I don't want a cookie or a banana!
Haha, yeah they can be a little over the top and pushy at certain Kwik Stars I have noticed. Some are better/worse than others, which can be said for most retail chains unfortunately.

Where I grew up though, Kum N Go generally had the worst selection of prepared food of the three. That is pretty where I set the standard. Cleanliness can be hit or miss at both Casey's and KnG, but Kwik Stars I at least can use their bathrooms and not feel like I need a shower after.

Reactions: NATEizKING

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
This guy wants to boycott boycotts
I haven’t figured out the differences between boycotts, cancel culture, and buying crap to shoot it.

I do feel like the only voice I have is my purchasing power. I haven’t drank for a while since I have trouble keeping weight on as I age, but when I buy stuff for husband or sons when they are around, I am pretty sure no one cares if I skip Exile because they support the Hawks and do not support Iowa State, and take a woman’s name and image to sell average beer without asking permission.

Reactions: bozclone and MJ29

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
Does anybody known if Waterloo/CF area get West O product? I think I've seen some at Happy's or HyVee before but can't be for sure. I'm up near Decorah and I know we don't see any West O stuff up here.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
dont mean this in any disrespect or offense because i know blum worked his tail off on it

but.. ames lager?

couldn't come up with a catchier/unique name?

It is captures the helmet emphasis on "Ames," it is a good idea.

I like "Ames Lager" as much or better than the options: "Ames Ale," "Ames Brew," "Ames Draft," "Ames Suds."

Hope the "We Will [Collective]" is nicely worked into the design.

State2015

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 26, 2016
Know this could never happen because of the university but if they could get an old school walking Cy holding a beer on the can… ooof that’d be amazing.

Also not sure where ISU is at with this but these would sell like crazy at JTS. Just open up beer sales already! Even if it’s only this beer!

Reactions: Cycsk

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Intentional or not, the fact this effort was organized by Blum (professional Twitter instigator), having an “Ames” branded lager is perfect low key shade being tossed at the ToE fan base.

• Dumb
Reactions: 1776 and Cycsk