What are you reading?

RedBlooded

Jun 11, 2010
cedar falls
I find books on crime and self help to be very interesting and fulfilling.

Im currently reading Killer Triggers by Joe Kenda. (Amazing guy)
Also working on Slow Down Sell Faster. Both are excellent so far.
What are you reading?

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Currently reading “Entering Startupland” since I’m considering a job with a startup.

Earlier this year I read:
“Where The Deer and The Antelope Play” by Nick Offerman. Really disappointing book. It’s advertised as a chronicle of his visits to national parks. Good thoughts on nature and farming. But he injects partisan politics at every turn. I just don’t need more of that in my life.

“From Strength to Strength” by Arthur Brooks. Decent book about transitioning from early to later in your career and life.

“The Storyteller” by Dave Grohl. Really good read for someone who came of age during the peak of his career.

“Out of the Pocket” by Kirk Herbstreit. Good read if you want some background on his career and College Gameday.

Reactions: RedBlooded

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
The Postmodern Pilgrim's Progress by Joel Berry and Kyle Mann. Hilarious retelling of the classic tale.

The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell. Only half done but seems like your average space opera volume. Entertaining moments

Finished Jack Carr's Terminal List series. A bit repetitive, but also contains entertaining moments. Lots of blood and gore

• Dumb
Reactions: MyNameEhJeff

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Rereading the Zoey Ashe books by David Wong/Jason Pargin: Futuristic Violence and Fancy Suits and Zoey Punches the Future in the ****. They are pure pulp, but laugh out loud funny. I honestly can't believe there's not a tv series/movie in the works, because that world would be perfect for something like that.

Cyismymonkey

Jan 1, 2013
Peace In Every Step by Thich Nhat Hanh and The Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy.

Last edited:

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
Eating to Extinction - Dan Saladino

Highly recommended

Fabulous book

JustAnotherTimeline

Jul 29, 2021
Currently reading The Three-Body Problem - Liu Cixin. It is AWESOME!

If anyone here could recommend some books I would great appreciate. I am looking for books similar to my favorites below. Thanks!!!

Dark Matter - Blake Crouch
Recursion - Blake Crouch
Project Hail Mary - Andy Weir
14 - Peter Clines
The Fold - Peter Clines
NPC - Jeremy Robinson
Pines Trilogy - Blake Crouch

Reactions: BurgundyClone

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Noir by Christopher Moore. It is good, but I am reading it a lot more slowly than most books lately for some reason - it just hasn’t captured me. I took a break to read a trilogy that only took me three days, and am now back.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
I'm mostly a non-fiction reader. Once in a while I'll sprinkle in a fiction book but not often.

By Grace of the Game by Dan Grunfeld - Excellent book; It's a basketball book, but also gives a unique perspective of WWII and the Holocaust.

Shadow Divers by Robert Kurson - Incredible book, highly recommend

We Own This City by Justin Fenton - Really good book but infuriating to see the corruption within Baltimore PD. There's a movie or series coming out on HBO based on this book.

The Sun Does Shine by Anthony Ray Hinton - Anthony spent 30 years on death row for a crime he didn't commit. Really good book

I read the Ray Cole book, Winners. Rob Gray helped write/research for it as well. It was just ok. Maybe not exactly what I was expecting, which is why I didn't like it.

This summer has been too busy but next on my list is Front Row a the Trump Show by Jonathan Karl
Jon has known Trump a long time and there's part of me that is fascinated (or terrified lol) with the behind the scenes accounts of Trump's presidency.

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
Just Finished "How to Fight Presidents: Defending Yourself Against the Badasses Who Ran This Country." A very quick read and pretty funny. Prior I read "All About Me: My Remarkable Life in Show Business" by Mel Brooks. It was a very disappointing read. Not as funny as I wanted it to be and I just struggled to finish.

Now I am reading "The First 21: How I Became Nikki Sixx." I am only 10 pages in so I need some time here.

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
Currently reading “Entering Startupland” since I’m considering a job with a startup.

Earlier this year I read:
“Where The Deer and The Antelope Play” by Nick Offerman. Really disappointing book. It’s advertised as a chronicle of his visits to national parks. Good thoughts on nature and farming. But he injects partisan politics at every turn. I just don’t need more of that in my life.

“From Strength to Strength” by Arthur Brooks. Decent book about transitioning from early to later in your career and life.

“The Storyteller” by Dave Grohl. Really good read for someone who came of age during the peak of his career.

“Out of the Pocket” by Kirk Herbstreit. Good read if you want some background on his career and College Gameday.

I am curious to know more.

frackincygy

Jul 13, 2015
Leadership and Self-Deception. Also making my way through the translation works from Shigeo Shingo. I'm a nerd...

JustAnotherTimeline

Jul 29, 2021
Reactions: dahliaclone