What do you think of Caitlin Clark?

What is your perspective about Caitlin Clark?

• Team Steph. I am at least somewhat supportive of her because she is so good for women's sports.

Votes: 128 33.7%
  • Team Alisa. I don't care about Caitlin Clark because she is a Hokeye.

Votes: 232 61.1%
  • Team Steph/Alisa. Please explain how you reconcile these two apparently mutually exclusive options.

Votes: 20 5.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I had to Google this because it sounded familiar but I couldn't place it. Looks like she made some kind of crude Ortega commercial perhaps? I am at work, so can't view or share the YouTube link. But there is one out there.

More of a innuendo than crude. IMO

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Correct. And people that know of her aren't all fans of her. That's all I was getting at. I would guess that given her on court antics and demeanor, she may have just as many haters as fans. Similar to LeBron. She obviously has 3 million or so fans in the state of Iowa.

1.5 million. The ISU fans that I know aren't enamored with her.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Exactly, if you watch the clip there's like 100 people watching this group. Not really a "gallery". I've seen more spectators at a high school golf match.
Which is a good thing.

Reactions: CycloneOE

Lyddea

May 9, 2011
Field report. Caitlin Clark has a real national profile amongst sports fans.

I've been living in a southern state for about 9 years now. There's a group of other guys in my neighborhood that talk sports. They all know I'm an Iowa/Iowa State fan (I know I know, but I attended both schools).

In terms of state of Iowa athletes that folks here have asked me about unprompted, Caitlin Clark is first and it isn't even close. Almost every sports-fan dad I'm friends with in the neighborhood was asking about her at tournament time, and half of them even watched the final four and finals games. One of the neighbor high school athlete girls jumped into a conversation to add that she's a fan and was cheering Iowa in the finals.

Not more than one person ever asked me about Keagan/Halliburton/Garza. I can't think of a football player that got more than one random question, including Breece.

(Easily the second most unprompted mentions amongst these folks after last year is Purdy. NFL is king.)

• Winner
Reactions: tavrncy and 7Got6

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012

I've been living in a southern state for about 9 years now. There's a group of other guys in my neighborhood that talk sports. They all know I'm an Iowa/Iowa State fan (I know I know, but I attended both schools).

In terms of state of Iowa athletes that folks here have asked me about unprompted, Caitlin Clark is first and it isn't even close. Almost every sports-fan dad I'm friends with in the neighborhood was asking about her at tournament time, and half of them even watched the final four and finals games. One of the neighbor high school athlete girls jumped into a conversation to add that she's a fan and was cheering Iowa in the finals.

Not more than one person ever asked me about Keagan/Halliburton/Garza. I can't think of a football player that got more than one random question, including Breece.

(Easily the second most unprompted mentions amongst these folks after last year is Purdy. NFL is king.)
Son lives in New Jersey. Wears a lot of Raygun shirts. He’s been asked about Breece, Purdy, Allen, Will, and Chuck Grassley. One of these things is not like the other. No Caitlin Clark that he’s mentioned anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: tavrncy and Jer

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Note sure why people have to hate on Clark. She IS a big deal nationally. The local media weren't the only ones to notice, her JD appearance was on ESPN.com main page crawl.

Why not feel good about a DM girl being elite at her sport. Doesn't mean you need to root for Hawks.

Sometimes silence is golden. We don't all have to be Stephen A. Smith!

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006

Does your group of sports fans look like this?

• Haha
Reactions: carvers4math

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Note sure why people have to hate on Clark. She IS a big deal nationally. The local media weren't the only ones to notice, her JD appearance was on ESPN.com main page crawl.

Why not feel good about a DM girl being elite at her sport. Doesn't mean you need to root for Hawks.

Sometimes silence is golden. We don't all have to be Stephen A. Smith!

I like the way she plays basketball and she seems like a good person. It’s the media that makes it all stupid.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
The coverage over here is nauseating. Saw someone posted below a photo of her golfing, "So Brave!" ****, I know some of the bravest people that ever lived then if going golfing on a nice weather day is "So Brave".

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
The coverage over here is nauseating. Saw someone posted below a photo of her golfing, "So Brave!" ****, I know some of the bravest people that ever lived then if going golfing on a nice weather day is "So Brave".
What did they think, Zach Johnson was going to bounce one off her head? Brave? They are just getting certifiable at this point.

Reactions: NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron