What do you want to see from our FB team during the spring game?

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
Because its early and it is a scrimmage, what are some things you want to see from the team during the game?

Detasseler

Jul 16, 2007
Campus
I'm looking for improved defensive play everywhere. I want to see better line technique and getting off the ball and blocks quickly, unlike how we performed last season. Also better tackling is required if we're going to stay in games. So many times I'd watch Chizik's defensive plays have the play strung out to the sideline or stopped in the backfield only for the tacker to miss and not wrap up.

I want to see us hopefully run a 4-2-5 base defense. Our sole purpose should be to stop the pass, especially in the Big 12. A linebacker other than Jesse Smith should be put in that can cover the middle of the field. I know he's a good run stopper, but he just isn't quick enough.

The biggest thing I will be looking for is the defense to hold its own against our new passing oriented offense and th ability of the D line to put some pressure on Arnaud.

mcblogerson

Jan 19, 2009
Ohio
I'm looking for improved defensive play everywhere. I want to see better line technique and getting off the ball and blocks quickly, unlike how we performed last season. Also better tackling is required if we're going to stay in games. So many times I'd watch Chizik's defensive plays have the play strung out to the sideline or stopped in the backfield only for the tacker to miss and not wrap up.

I want to see us hopefully run a 4-2-5 base defense. Our sole purpose should be to stop the pass, especially in the Big 12. A linebacker other than Jesse Smith should be put in that can cover the middle of the field. I know he's a good run stopper, but he just isn't quick enough.

The biggest thing I will be looking for is the defense to hold its own against our new passing oriented offense and th ability of the D line to put some pressure on Arnaud.

So you want better tackling and Jesse Smith off the field? Maybe I'm off, but Smith might be the best tackler on the field and the only one besides Leonard Johnson that made plays consistently on defense. I thought the D line was the main problem, they were terrible last year.

Help Support Us

Become a patron