What I look at when reviewing recruit offer lists on 247

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
My first look is to see if an Ivy, academy, or school like Stanford has offered. Another words is the dude smart. If offered by these type schools then the young man obviously has good grades and probably a solid work ethic.
I'm also convinced that the home visits are done to show love toward the potential student / athlete, but also gives the staff a great look at the family dynamics. Sometimes this staff, like all staffs, will get a player that doesn't live up to the standards of "THE PLAN" , but it's not because they haven't done their due diligence.

What does everyone else look at when reviewing a committed or recruited player?

JimmyChitwood

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 3, 2015
Southern Iowa
I look at all the offers. See how many P5 offers there are plus the "elite" higher learning offers. I think this staff wants a player with ambitions off the field just as important as their ambitions on the field.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
My first look is to see if an Ivy, academy, or school like Stanford has offered. Another words is the dude smart. If offered by these type schools then the young man obviously has good grades and probably a solid work ethic.
I'm also convinced that the home visits are done to show love toward the potential student / athlete, but also gives the staff a great look at the family dynamics. Sometimes this staff, like all staffs, will get a player that doesn't live up to the standards of "THE PLAN" , but it's not because they haven't done their due diligence.

I usually watch the player's highlight reel and offer up a totally unqualified opinion and sometimes a "He reminds me of" or "Looks like a cross between" just for fun.

LincolnSwinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 10, 2008

Those offers are just a cherry on top. What matters to me is which P5 programs did we beat out. I believe it was Cyclad who said "You are who you recruit against."

Reactions: CYKXBUT

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I am way more sold on the offer list than the stars. I figure those guys that are making millions to find guys that will help keep their jobs are a better judge of who is good than a guy that spends 15 minutes looking at tapes and stats.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
If a name has too many vowels they're a bust.

I laughed at this one simply because one name immediately came to mind. But it is only half vowels.
Kelechi Osemele

So what's your vowel to consonant ratio?

Because I feel like Eyioma Uwazurike has solid potential too.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
When I go on Rivals I always filter by the composite ratings and then go see what other schools offered them. If its alot of Power 5 teams like Campbell is competing against I like, if its UNI and Akron like the Paul Rhodes era I dont like.

• Agree
Reactions: SC Cy and aauummm

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I don't follow recruiting all that much but I will check to see if other P5 schools were involved.

Star wise as long as they're 3 stars I'm confident in them being solid.

Jokingly, a good football name helps. There seems to be an uptick in ISU's good football names recently, and the results speak for themselves.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
How many toes do they have? That's always my first question when evaluating.