What will you be looking for?

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
When you tackle your suppose to see what you hit with your head up, you don't spear with your head. When you spear they do a little move and break the tackle. (I don't think you have ever played football)
I don't think you have ever passed an English class.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
I don't think you have ever passed an English class.

Yea, I'm gonna go with this being the more likely of the two problems. You don't need to know a whole lot about football to know you gotta see what you're tackling. On the hand other you gotta need to take a class to point make in English.

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
Effective red zone offense
and
A defense capable of getting into the backfield and disrupt a play here and there :yes:

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
I will be heading to the garage attic to get out the tailgating minimums... for some reason, I'm thinking cheddarwurst on the grill sounds perfect for Saturday!

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
this, and hopefully some sunshine. I'll take clouds, and rain as long as it quits by noon...

I've learned to take NOTHING from the spring game. If anything, I'd like to see the 1 defense take it to the 1 offense. Rather than be worried about the offense, I'd think the defense has some potential... I know the offense will be fine come fall, but its the D that scares me.

All of this. I doubt we'll start tailgating until 11 AM or Noon anyway, so any rain beforehand is fine by me.

What I don't want to see is a repeat of 2006 where the offense just took it to the defense. Then took it to them some more. I want a game that was like 2005 where the the 1st stringers won (as they should) but the defense made them fight tooth and nail for every score.

That will be promising because the offense can start clicking in the summer with 7-on-7 drills. The defense needs a better showing now with the problem areas (line/linebacker) having fewer chances to work together in the summer.

Also, to those who thought Bates was the better QB after the spring game last year, you should have paid more attention to the passes.

Bates was doing underneath and quick passes. Arnaud had to throw the more complex, deep, timing based passes. Arnaud was being tested more than Bates and had a bad showing. Of course Bates was going to look better.

Honestly, I want to see what Tiller and Beuker can do. We know what Arnaud can.

kcclone33

Dec 15, 2008
Ames
Yea, I'm gonna go with this being the more likely of the two problems. You don't need to know a whole lot about football to know you gotta see what you're tackling. On the hand other you gotta need to take a class to point make in English.

I think we just have alot of people that cant read. I understood everything he said.

Last edited: