What would you do?

clonesorelse

Jan 22, 2011
If you were Utah, Colorado, Arizona or Arizona St. would you even wait at this point? There is no way the PAC12 comes even close to matching that total. BIG12 would only grow that number with those additions.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
The entire league is in peril, when the remaining two best teams, Washington and Oregon, want out and are just waiting for that B10 golden ticket.
Why would the four corner schools agree to stay in such an unstable situation, knowing that the two remaining money makers are going to jump when they get the chance?

Reactions: isutrevman

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
If you were Utah, Colorado, Arizona or Arizona St. would you even wait at this point? There is no way the PAC12 comes even close to matching that total. BIG12 would only grow that number with those additions.
I think I would move if the Big 12 wanted me. Big 12 offers the same or more money plus stability. PAC 12 already has 2-4 schools actively looking to leave. These schools are unlikely to make any long term legal commitment to the PAC 12

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Yea, the Pac 12 shills keep talking about possibly matching or exceeding the Big 12 money. They miss the big picture. Two of their schools are just dying to leave, so they are likely toast.

• Winner
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I'd leave. You'll likely get a little more $$ to join the Big 12, and gain stability to go with it. Oregon and Washington will be looking to jump conferences the first chance they get. The Pac 12 is also losing relevance/power every year that it exists. Those programs will have less relevance 5-10 years from now if they stay in the PAC 12 than if they leave for the Big 12. Also, in the Big 12 they wont be beholden to two schools like Oregon and Washington where they have to go along with whatever makes those two happy. The Big 12 schools will all be on fairly even footing.

Zyklon

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 20, 2011
Ames
The allure of the PACs perceived prestige is high. That, plus the slim hope that Oregon and wash will stay, they turn their conference around, and in six years, gain enough advantages that they are in a position to poach from the big 12 and eventually the ACC.

On the other hand, they also have to be worried that the big 12 may only take 2 school, and in their dreams or greatness, they fail to settle for pretty good, and fall to eternal irrelevance.

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Outside of utah not sure the number would grow with those editions. Also might not get a full share like the new big 12 schools are getting. It will probably end up being around 10mil difference for the pac schools vs Big12, possibly even less because they have fewer mouths to feed. They could move for stability but the money probably isn’t enough to make a move on its own.

Reactions: StPaulCyclone

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The West Coast is so professional sports focused now, that I'd know I'd be looking if I were a remaining PAC school.
The Dodgers, Padres, Giants, Niners, Warriors, Rams, Raiders, Clippers, Suns, Jazz, Lakers, G Knights, Chargers, and on and on draw way more eyeballs than when most of us were kids. College athletics will never catch up. Wait until MLB and the NBA put a team in Vegas, and we all know Seattle probably gets the next NBA team.

Reactions: FriendlySpartan